Big 12 Championship Game Tickets from ISU

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Cyclone Club Members and Football Season Ticketholders,

With last Friday’s win over Texas, the Cyclones are in a position to earn a berth in the 2020 Dr. Pepper Big 12 Football Championship game at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX at 11:00am CT on Saturday, Dec. 19. Given the short lead time, we thought it was important to provide notice of the process to order Big 12 Championship game tickets before the regular season is completed.

Because of attendance restrictions at AT&T Stadium, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Big 12 Conference will only be allocating 5,000 tickets to each participating institution for the championship game in 2020. Iowa State’s ticket allotment for the championship game will be allocated as follows:
  • Cyclone Club Donors and Football Season Ticketholders (3,950 Tickets)
  • Iowa State Students (500 tickets) (special student section ticket)
  • Participating Student-Athlete’s Family/Guests (472 tickets)
  • Coaches and Support Staff Families (78 tickets)
Given the limited availability, only current Cyclone Club members who made their annual gift in 2020 (with or without purchasing football season tickets) and non-donors who purchased football season tickets in 2020 will be eligible to request Big 12 Championship game tickets. All tickets are based on availability and requesting tickets does NOT guarantee fulfillment.
Ticket Request Limits:
  • Clyde Williams Society Members at $1 million + - up to 12 tickets
  • Directors Level ($12,500) - up to eight (8) tickets based on “seating pod” availability
  • Victory Level ($5,000) - up to four (4) tickets based on “seating pod” availability
  • Captains Level ($2,500) - up to four (4) tickets based on “seating pod” availability
  • Gold Level ($1,000) - up to four (4) tickets based on “seating pods” availability
  • Cardinal, States & Century Levels ($500, $250, $100) - up to four (4) tickets based on “seating pods” availability
  • Non-donor Season Ticketholders - up to four (4) tickets based on “seating pods” availability
Ticket Price:
Alternate text
IMPORTANT SEATING NOTES:

All tickets are grouped in “seating pods” (i.e. 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3 or 2 tickets) and are based on availability at your request time. You will be required to purchase “all seats” in the available pods. Example: You would like to order three (3) tickets, but only pods of four (4) seats are available at your time of allocation, you will have to purchase all four (4) seats.

More detailed information in regard to the purchasing process will be shared before your designated time slot below.
Ticket Request Times:
  • Clyde Williams Society Members at $1 million+ - Fri, Dec. 4 - 9 AM to Noon
  • Directors Level - Mon, Dec. 7 - 9 AM to Noon
  • Victory Level - Mon, Dec. 7 - 1 PM to 4 PM
  • Captains Level - Tue, Dec. 8 - 9 AM to Noon
  • Gold Level - Tue, Dec. 8 - 1 PM to 4 PM
  • Cardinal, States & Century Levels - Wed, Dec. 9 - 9 AM to Noon
  • Non-donor Season Ticketholders - Wed, Dec. 9 - 1 PM to 4 PM
You will request tickets via Account Manager. At the date and time you are eligible to request tickets, please visit your My Cyclone Athletics Account Manager page and click on the “Buy New Tickets” icon located at the bottom. Then login to your account using your email address and password. We strongly encourage you to access Account Manager now to insure you know your correct login information. If you are unable to access Account Manager at your respective time, you can call the ticket office at (515) 294-1816 or (888) 478-2925 to request your tickets.
Mobile Ticket Delivery ONLY:

Because of the quick turnaround, the Big 12 Conference utilizes mobile delivery of tickets to your phone through SeatGeek. Please know printed tickets will not be distributed and there is no option to receive printed tickets. You must be able to use a mobile ticket to attend.

Fans will be able to view, manage and transfer their tickets through a SeatGeek ticket account. More information in regard to this process will be shared before tickets are distributed.
Parking, Hotel and Fan Events Information:
  • Fans unable to purchase tickets through Iowa State’s limited allotment can access Big 12 Football Championship game tickets. +SeatGeek
  • PARKING PASSES: Pre-purchase parking passes directly through AT&T Stadium. +Get Parking
  • TRAVEL PACKAGES: Given restrictions in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic and logistics involved, the Iowa State Athletics Department and Alumni Association will NOT be offering any fan travel packages.
  • HOTEL ROOMS: Anthony Travel, the “official travel provider” for Iowa State Athletics, has held a block of hotel rooms for Cyclone fans at the Live! By Loews hotel next to AT&T Stadium. +Reserve Hotel Room
  • IOWA STATE FAN EVENTS: Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, NO university sponsored fan events, spirit rallies or team send-offs will be held. We are making every effort to protect the integrity of our “team bubble” and ask that our fans do the same, by not staying, gathering or congregating at the team hotel.
Visit cyclones.com for the latest information on the Big 12 Football Championship game.

Thank you for your support of Cyclone football this past season!

Go Cyclones,

Cyclone Club and Athletics Ticket Office Staff

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I’m going to be honest getting that email really freaking sucked. I so wish that Covid was more under control. I would be there in a heartbeat normally but it just doesn’t make sense this year.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
I’m going to be honest getting that email really freaking sucked. I so wish that Covid was more under control. I would be there in a heartbeat normally but it just doesn’t make sense this year.

I am conflicted, but it hasn’t stopped me from having a heated debate in my house about attending.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
They really stick the students in the worst seats possible. Lol
I wonder which seats are $195 and which ones are $145. Me and a friend are going and he can pick Monday morning, but we aren’t sure if we want to wait or just snag some cheap $95 nosebleeds now.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Yeah I definitely think getting tickets from the conference was the move, seeing as I don’t think a lot of non-donor season ticket holders will get tickets from ISU. It would be kind of a nice reward to give the people that have been going to the games all season a better shot at getting tickets but that’s just not how it works

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
Yeah I definitely think getting tickets from the conference was the move, seeing as I don’t think a lot of non-donor season ticket holders will get tickets from ISU. It would be kind of a nice reward to give the people that have been going to the games all season a better shot at getting tickets but that’s just not how it works
I think there will be plenty of donors that have gone to all of the games that won’t be able get tickets through ISU as well. There are only 5000 tickets allotted to ISU.

IAC1858

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2008
Ankeny, IA
I just tried calling the Ticket Office, but they're closed down for the day.

Does anyone know if two seperate ticket holders are able to request their ticket pods near each other?

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I just tried calling the Ticket Office, but they're closed down for the day.

Does anyone know if two seperate ticket holders are able to request their ticket pods near each other?

I highly doubt it. Sounds like you will pic actually seats in pods when you order. So unless you and the other person are on the phone coordinating I doubt it but who knows for sure.

I doubt many tickets will get past Gold Donation Level so hope your high on the list...

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Is buying a ticket for this game safe right now? What I mean is, are the SeatGeek tickets guaranteed legitimate? Do we run a risk that they move the game for some weird reason?

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Is buying a ticket for this game safe right now? What I mean is, are the SeatGeek tickets guaranteed legitimate? Do we run a risk that they move the game for some weird reason?

It is the only way to get tickets so not sure how else you go about it. I am sure ISU would have a way out if game does not happen. Seatgeek has a guarantee also as does Stub Hub and others. If the game is cancelled I would fully expect refunds or credits toward future purchases.

Reactions: jpete24

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Boy they really hose the students. Probably makes sense though, I guess?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Wife is due with our 3rd child Dec 21st....the daggers stared at me for suggesting I should attend were like Arya Stark slashing through the Night King. Envious of you that get to attend.

• Haha
Reactions: Tailg8er