Big 10 FB is absolutely horrid!

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
look, this debate is dumb. you ask any b10 fan, and the b 12 is just terrible football, and vice versa. these last two years, the big 10 is not a very solid conference. historically, the big 10 is way deeper than the big 12, but the top teams would play each other tough. i think between the b12, b10 and sec every year that is usually how it is, except these last few since the b10 is down. the big 10 will have a resurgence soon, and they will be just as good as the big 12. it is cyclic.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Man, anytime there is a defensive struggle in a Big Ten game, somehow the conference is horrid and absolutely no good. While admittedly OSU hasn't faired well on the national stage, the BT is over .500 in OOC games against BCS teams over the last 10 years, and is over .500 since 2002.

How has the Big10 fared against other BCS teams this year? We are not talking about the last ten years or the last eight years, we are talking about right now. Every football anylist in the nation agrees that the Big10 is at most the third best conference after the SEC and Big12.

If you think the Big Ten is HORRID, then college football as a whole is just plain awful. The Big 12 has absolutely NO defense, the SEC has less offense than the Big Ten (but they're AMAZING because they're the SEC), and the ACC, Big East, and Pac 10 are bad because that's the label they've been given for so long.

Outside the Big12 and SEC, there really isn't that good of football around the country this year. You have USC, OSU, Penn St. and a couple of non BCS teams- wow? As for the big 12 not having any defence. It's true that the Big12 is not going to be caught in a 14-10 game, but if you score more points then your opponent, doesn't that mean you have a better defence the the team your playing?

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Yeah, but dont let that get in the way of good rant. I guess when you cant ***** anymore about your own program, you need to look elsewhere.

I guess I don't understand how this makes sense. The argument in this thread is Big 10 2008, not Big 10 2002.

If you really want to talk about Ohio State's recent performances in national championship games, I don't think that would really help you out.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
How has the Big10 fared against other BCS teams this year? We are not talking about the last ten years or the last eight years, we are talking about right now. Every football anylist in the nation agrees that the Big10 is at most the third best conference after the SEC and Big12.

Outside the Big12 and SEC, there really isn't that good of football around the country this year. You have USC, OSU, Penn St. and a couple of non BCS teams- wow? As for the big 12 not having any defence. It's true that the Big12 is not going to be caught in a 14-10 game, but if you score more points then your opponent, doesn't that mean you have a better defence the the team your playing?

The Big 12 has Texas, Texas Tech, Okie State, and Oklahoma. I don't want to hear about Nebraska, Missouri (sorry, getting completely demolished on the road to Texas is similar to Ohio State's destruction at USC, yet somehow Missouri remains one of the "best teams in the nation" according to Big 12 fans), Colorado, and especially Kansas.

The Big Ten has a solid team in Penn State this year - and a bunch of slightly above average ones. I'm not arguing that the Big 12 isn't stronger - because it obviously is. The top 4 teams in the Big 12 would go 3-1 vs. the top 4 teams in the Big Ten. but overall, the Big Ten is a more balanced league. Outside the top 4 teams in the Big 12, Missouri is the only other real decent team. Not Kansas. Definitely not Colorado, and sorry... not ISU. Nebraska could make a case for being slightly above mediocre.

Right now, I'd ranke the conferences:

SEC
Big 12
Big Ten
Pac 10
Big East
ACC

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
The Big 12 has Texas, Texas Tech, Okie State, and Oklahoma. I don't want to hear about Nebraska, Missouri (sorry, getting completely demolished on the road to Texas is similar to Ohio State's destruction at USC, yet somehow Missouri remains one of the "best teams in the nation" according to Big 12 fans), Colorado, and especially Kansas.

The Big Ten has a solid team in Penn State this year - and a bunch of slightly above average ones. I'm not arguing that the Big 12 isn't stronger - because it obviously is. The top 4 teams in the Big 12 would go 3-1 vs. the top 4 teams in the Big Ten. but overall, the Big Ten is a more balanced league. Outside the top 4 teams in the Big 12, Missouri is the only other real decent team. Not Kansas. Definitely not Colorado, and sorry... not ISU. Nebraska could make a case for being slightly above mediocre.

Right now, I'd ranke the conferences:

SEC
Big 12
Big Ten
Pac 10
Big East
ACC

How do you figure this????

Texas over Penn St
OU over OSU
TT over Minn
OSU over MSU

The Big 10 is bad this year. Besides OSU and Penn St who is above average?

hawkeyesforeva

Jul 25, 2008
Sioux City, IOWA
No doubt it is a horrible league. I have said this many times, and I'll say it again - If we were in the Big 10, we'd be going to the Rose Bowl THIS YEAR! They couldn't handle our team speed and athleticism. Iowa basically had to cheat to beat us!

actually u wouldn't win 1 game and u would get beat by Indiana! How did we cheat?

PJZ

Dec 17, 2007
No doubt it is a horrible league. I have said this many times, and I'll say it again - If we were in the Big 10, we'd be going to the Rose Bowl THIS YEAR! They couldn't handle our team speed and athleticism. Iowa basically had to cheat to beat us!

If you really believe that ISU could beat Penn State or OSU (or maybe even Minnesota, Michigan or Michigan State), then you are on drugs. We could not even beat Iowa. Being in the same conference as Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, and Okie State does not make us good.

look, this debate is dumb. you ask any b10 fan, and the b 12 is just terrible football, and vice versa. these last two years, the big 10 is not a very solid conference. historically, the big 10 is way deeper than the big 12, but the top teams would play each other tough. i think between the b12, b10 and sec every year that is usually how it is, except these last few since the b10 is down. the big 10 will have a resurgence soon, and they will be just as good as the big 12. it is cyclic.

Solid. We are not good right now...and it seems like some fans like to throw around their frustration in creative ways. And I think its just the hip thing to do right now--crack on the Big 11, brag about how awesome the SEC is (wonder why that is), and then talk about how USC may be able to beat the St Louis Rams...until wait, they lost to Oregon State. But its all hyperbole and media-driven, story-generating nonsense, and people have short memories I guess. The Big 11 is down, sure. But like you said, its cyclical...examples abound.

PJZ

Dec 17, 2007
actually u wouldn't win 1 game and u would get beat by Indiana! How did we cheat?

Yeah!!! Who gets beat by Indiana...two years straight? Oh, wait.

You didnt cheat. Youre just a bunch of arrogant-for-no-reason losers, and you have out-of-control players and intolerable fans. Go away.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008

I'm assuming this is a joke that has gone way over my head?

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
Man, anytime there is a defensive struggle in a Big Ten game, somehow the conference is horrid and absolutely no good. While admittedly OSU hasn't faired well on the national stage, the BT is over .500 in OOC games against BCS teams over the last 10 years, and is over .500 since 2002.

If you think the Big Ten is HORRID, then college football as a whole is just plain awful. The Big 12 has absolutely NO defense, the SEC has less offense than the Big Ten (but they're AMAZING because they're the SEC), and the ACC, Big East, and Pac 10 are bad because that's the label they've been given for so long.

Look, obviously you're biased, but Big Ten football is about defense. Penn State was putting up some insane offensive numbers until last night. Illinois is a decent offensive team, and MSU, Iowa, Northwestern, and Minnesota are all somewhere in between.

This is most horrible post I have ever read! I am still trying to figure you out. You claim to be an ISU student who, tell me if I am wrong, is in the Big 12, but are a fan of the Squawks! You stick up for eveything on this website that is Squawk football and Big 10 and give no props to the Clones or the Big 12. Why are you even going to ISU and why are you even on this website? I'm lost!

On another note, if the Big 12 has no defense and the SEC has no offense, I would love to watch Big 10 team play a Big 12/SEC team just to see how bad the Big 10 team would lose, and you can't count the Clone/Squawk game! So, Penn St or Ohio St vs Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Texas, Texas Tech or Mizzou would result in the Big 10 losing. Why is this? It is b/c the Big 10 still plays in the past with the Option, I, Wishbone, etc... and still hasn't quite grasped the spread. Michigan is trying it, but we see how that is working for them!

So, tell me I'm wrong in this matter and please tell me your story b/c I am confused reading every post you have on this website.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire

First of all, Missouri's 56-31 loss to Texas is nothing like Ohio St. 35-3 destruction. Missouri actually outscored Texas in the second half, it was just too little too late. Ohio St. was never in the USC game.

Second, if you want a real judge of how stong a conference is, you look at the non conference schedule/results. The Big12 was 38-10 in a tough non conference schedule which included games against 6 ranked teams (4 in North, 2 in South) and was 3-3 against those ranked oponents. The Big 10 is 31-10 with 3 games still to be played in a non confence schedule that included 4 raked teams and was 1-3 against those ranked oponents. It is obvious that the Big 12 is better from top to bottom.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
This is most horrible post I have ever read! I am still trying to figure you out. You claim to be an ISU student who, tell me if I am wrong, is in the Big 12, but are a fan of the Squawks! You stick up for eveything on this website that is Squawk football and Big 10 and give no props to the Clones or the Big 12. Why are you even going to ISU and why are you even on this website? I'm lost!

On another note, if the Big 12 has no defense and the SEC has no offense, I would love to watch Big 10 team play a Big 12/SEC team just to see how bad the Big 10 team would lose, and you can't count the Clone/Squawk game! So, Penn St or Ohio St vs Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Texas, Texas Tech or Mizzou would result in the Big 10 losing. Why is this? It is b/c the Big 10 still plays in the past with the Option, I, Wishbone, etc... and still hasn't quite grasped the spread. Michigan is trying it, but we see how that is working for them!

So, tell me I'm wrong in this matter and please tell me your story b/c I am confused reading every post you have on this website.

Just curious about which teams run the Option or the Wishbone?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron