Biffhammer - bashes ISU

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
And rational people can agree to disagree.

Look at the comments in this thread and on his page now. People still think this money is a sure thing and it's most definitely not.

That's what bothers me. This conf crap can go either way. If the Big 12 implodes and Fox renegotiates and that money (that we don't have yet) is gone what are we going to do? Yes, I'm glad other people are making these decisions and not me.

But at the time ISU invested the monies into the athletics projects, the conference instability was nowehere near as threatening as it is today. In fact, ground had already broken on the scoreboard project months before the news of A&M officially leaving for the SEC. If anything, it was good foresight by ISU as none of these projects would even have been approved if the conference looked as grim then as it does today.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
Do I hate what is being said, absolutely.

Iowa State: I'm Here Because You Need Me Now - I Am The 12th Man

But then I try and take a rational thought to what they are saying and it does make me consider things. Should we be drastically increasing our expenditures when we truly don't know if that $$ will be there?

Do you actually have any evidence that we are "drastically increasing our expenditures" on an annual basis, or are you just parroting what Biff said with no actual numbers?

The multi-sports complex was planned before he new Fox contract and the realignment talk and it included a 7 figure donation by a former ISU track coach. Also, in 2007 and 2009 we renovated the east and west concourses at a cost of $30 million. Oh, and then there was that $8 million dollar basketball complex.

The Fox contract gave the AD more leverage to continue improvements, but to say that we all the sudden started spending money wantonly in 2010 is disingenuous.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
So what is Biffhammer's true identity?
I'll take the first guess. Is he Trev Alberts?

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
So what is Biffhammer's true identity?
I'll take the first guess. Is he Trev Alberts?

Not sure if this is breaking news because his voice seemed real familiar and it wasn't until I got to talking with my uncle around X-mas time that I got confirmation. Biff Hammer is Todd Stevens. He was editor of I believe Cyclone Illustrated and was wbb radio color guy way back in the Becker years. He also did the loser of the week segment of Deace's show when he was at the JOCK.

josh4isu

Aug 10, 2010
Iowa
Basically, if you look at how people and organizations have advanced their situation since we started to formalize colonies in America, this is how it's been done.

I don't spend much time with British history, because it's British history, but I'd be willing to bet that we didn't come up with the idea when we got here. It's just the normal means of advancement for centuries. Curse ISU for trying to do the normal thing.

out of rep. but this is the definition of brilliance.