Bielema to Arkansas

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
last 20 yrs

wisconsin 174-76, 6 big 10 titles, 11 seasons finished ranked, 12 bowl wins, 6 bcs appearances

arkansas 139-104, 0 sec titles, 5 seasons finished ranked, 4 bowl wins, 1 bcs appearance

wisconsin - bigger stadium, bigger athletic budget

wisconsin is one of the best big 10 jobs and definitely better than arkansas now

Their stadiums are about the same and I'm guessing they will probably cut ties with War Memorial shortly. Comparing records is somewhat inaccurate because of conference affiliations. Wisconsin may be a better program right now but Arkansas can give any coach whatever anyone else can and they are in a much better geography than Wisconsin. Wisconsin now has to recruit against Meyer, Hoke, and even Dantio in the area and that will get much harder. There's just more good players close to Arkansas.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
You have to take into account a few coaching changes in the last few years at Arky. If they had a coach there for 6 years, they could do quite a bit, even in the SEC. ATM showed that Bama is not unbeatable. Heck they almost got beat by Georgia as well. The SEC is full of good team and Arky can be as good as all of them.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
If you look at the SEC, there really aren't programs that don't have a chance. Kentucky is bad but with the right guy, they could be decent. Vandy is on the way up. No teams fight geography. Really, the SEC is the king as far as attracting coaches. Everywhere else has places where there is some sort of limiting factor that's beyond control.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Who cares if OSU is the 2nd most popular program in the state? Their recruiting geography is very similar to Arky, and their facilities are better. OK State has some of, if not the, best locker rooms and player facilities in the country. They can match, if not exceed any kind of financial package Arky puts together. And the program isn't a scandal-ridden dumpster fire where 7 wins loses your job.

Those of you who think Arky is a better job are just eating media SECSECSEC bull ****, and with all due respect, you seem to be the kind of guys who really believe the SEC is that much better in every way, shape, and form. Just accepting what the media tells you.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Who cares if OSU is the 2nd most popular program in the state? Their recruiting geography is very similar to Arky, and their facilities are better. OK State has some of, if not the, best locker rooms and player facilities in the country. They can match, if not exceed any kind of financial package Arky puts together. And the program isn't a scandal-ridden dumpster fire where 7 wins loses your job.

Those of you who think Arky is a better job are just eating media SECSECSEC bull ****, and with all due respect, you seem to be the kind of guys who really believe the SEC is that much better in every way, shape, and form. Just accepting what the media tells you.

Wait until BP is gone or Gundy leaves. OSU was junk before that and they will be after that. They have a ****** fanbase that barely shows up. With all the advantages you mentioned they recruit AT BEST equally with Arkansas. Also, I would say 7 wins getting a coach fired tells me the program's pretty damn good.

Oklahoma vs OSU. Who's the better program. If you say OU, that's fine but realize HS athletes and potential coaches as well as citizens of Oklahoma say the same thing. That's who cares if they are the second program in the state.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Wait until BP is gone or Gundy leaves. OSU was junk before that and they will be after that. They have a ****** fanbase that barely shows up. With all the advantages you mentioned they recruit AT BEST equally with Arkansas. Also, I would say 7 wins getting a coach fired tells me the program's pretty damn good.

Oklahoma vs OSU. Who's the better program. If you say OU, that's fine but realize HS athletes and potential coaches as well as citizens of Oklahoma say the same thing. That's who cares if they are the second program in the state.

BP's money will be there long after he is. You think their palace facilities will just crumble to the ground without him?

Regarding their attendance, they just flat out overbuilt their stadium. If you ever watch their games, the stands are full. The lower attendance comes from suites that aren't sold out. Calling OSU's fanbase "******" and saying the barely show up is simply ignorant. They average 59K in a 60K stadium. We would struggle to bring 59K, and we really pat ourselves on the back as great fans. The fact that they have that many fans, in a state the size of Oklahoma, with as dominant as Oklahoma has traditionally been is pretty damn impressive, to be honest.

Again, they have the money, the facilities, and the recruiting geography that Arky does. But they don't get to chant "SEC".

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
BP's money will be there long after he is. You think their palace facilities will just crumble to the ground without him?

Regarding their attendance, they just flat out overbuilt their stadium. If you ever watch their games, the stands are full. The lower attendance comes from suites that aren't sold out. Calling OSU's fanbase "******" and saying the barely show up is simply ignorant. They average 59K in a 60K stadium. We would struggle to bring 59K, and we really pat ourselves on the back as great fans. The fact that they have that many fans, in a state the size of Oklahoma, with as dominant as Oklahoma has traditionally been is pretty damn impressive, to be honest.

Again, they have the money, the facilities, and the recruiting geography that Arky does. But they don't get to chant "SEC".

And with all that money they are going to put up a football facility roughly equal to ours in cost and Arkansas is going to spend twice as much without the T Boone money. Jerry Jones is worth double T Boone and that's not to mention the other big time donors the school has. If you want to argue OSU, fine but saying they have more money and more access to money is wrong. The new facility Arkansas is building is going to blow OSu out of the water along with many other programs.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
And with all that money they are going to put up a football facility roughly equal to ours in cost and Arkansas is going to spend twice as much without the T Boone money. Jerry Jones is worth double T Boone and that's not to mention the other big time donors the school has. If you want to argue OSU, fine but saying they have more money and more access to money is wrong. The new facility Arkansas is building is going to blow OSu out of the water along with many other programs.

I don't think there is anything within the realm of feasibility that Arkansas can provide in terms of facilities that OSU can't.

CycloneGamecock

Apr 13, 2006

Don't care about the rest of the argument but I'm pretty sure that is completely false.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I don't think there is anything within the realm of feasibility that Arkansas can provide in terms of facilities that OSU can't.

And vice versa. I wasn't using money as an argument that Arkansas is better. They are spending much more on their new facilities. Arkansas may have the best football facility in the country when all is said and done. I was using other things and debunking money being an issue. OSU has about a $10 million smaller budget. That may change. Football is different in SEC geographies as far as the attitude towards it.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
He is really going there because he wants the Iowa job in a few years, and he knows Iowa wont hire a coach from the same conference.

Hmm, very intriguing! :unsure:

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
Okie St. does a good job, leave them alone

77168_o.gif

CycloneGamecock

Apr 13, 2006
2.25. You happy?

Eh my bad, I thought T Boones water deals in Texas made him worth a lot more than that. Still don't think it matters that he is worth a little more though because I don't see Jerrah lined up to give half a billion anytime soon.