Better QB play last night

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Our whole offense is not executing. Comparing a high school qb to a big twelve qb, wtf?

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
Does anybody look back through these last two games and think. "...and this is what CPR said was his most talented team yet"?

I hope next year brings the "...ok, now I'm serious, THIS is our most talented team yet" comment.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Does anybody look back through these last two games and think. "...and this is what CPR said was his most talented team yet"?

I hope next year brings the "...ok, now I'm serious, THIS is our most talented team yet" comment.

For Christs sake K-State may have trouble with this Texas team, they are pulling it together right now and playing like Texas should with their talent, they have lost 2 games this year and their talent is head and shoulders better than ours. We played in their house and got whooped. It isnt the first or the last time Texas team has done that or will do that to us. They beat us at home last year with a bunch of freshmen, now they are sophmores. As far as this being CPR's best team, it is, there is no doubt about it. We have a legit chance of being 7-5 this year and we didnt need a miracle to do it. The B12 is tough in case you havnt noticed.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
For Christs sake K-State may have trouble with this Texas team, they are pulling it together right now and playing like Texas should with their talent, they have lost 2 games this year and their talent is head and shoulders better than ours. We played in their house and got whooped. It isnt the first or the last time Texas team has done that or will do that to us. They beat us at home last year with a bunch of freshmen, now they are sophmores. As far as this being CPR's best team, it is, there is no doubt about it. We have a legit chance of being 7-5 this year and we didnt need a miracle to do it. The B12 is tough in case you havnt noticed.

While I agree with you, anything less than 7 wins will and should be disappointing. Yes, the conference is tough. Guess what? That doesn't give us an excuse to just accept being somewhere in the middle-bottom. We haven't beat what i would call a good team yet, at least relative to the conference. Tech is a team we should have beaten. Now we are in a spot where we don't have our best defensive player or a starting CB or perhaps our best WR. We have better depth but not enough to sustain those types of hits. I didn't think the loss of Jake would be as dramatic as it's been but the chain reaction has been pretty bad. I still think we can win the last two, but it has become much harder.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA

No, because it is his most talented team, it's just that all the pieces on offense haven't come together for some reason. And for the last time, we played two teams with some of the best talent in the country, chances were we were going to look bad. Every team has a bad game or two, we've had a couple simply bad games with no real explanation, it happens. No need to be concerned about if it's our most talented team yet or not.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Obviously the premise was over your head.

We have high schoolers (no **** it's a different playing level) who are more fundamentally sound, then our 2nd year starter. These are 5 yard hot routes consistently over thrown and zone reads being read wrong.

Texas is not a good defensive team and we made them look stellar.

Oh my god he is serious. New levels of stupidity.

Oct 10, 2012
Des Moines
No, because it is his most talented team, it's just that all the pieces on offense haven't come together for some reason. And for the last time, we played two teams with some of the best talent in the country, chances were we were going to look bad. Every team has a bad game or two, we've had a couple simply bad games with no real explanation, it happens. No need to be concerned about if it's our most talented team yet or not.

Its an OK team that was elevated by 2 of the 10 best linebackers in America. Punting might be the only other position where the team is significantly better than any other Big 12 team not named Kansas. That doesn't mean the team sucks I do think ISU beats every Big Ten team not named Ohio State on a neutral field but what does that get you?:skeptical:

These kids have worked hard this season, the outplayed Iowa, beat a good Tulsa team, won the easiest 2 of the 7 Big 12 games. Of the other 5 Big 12 games they would have beat Texas Tech and Kansas State if the QB's werent brutal, OSU and OU would have been close games if the receivers didn't drop every freakin pass. And Texas is the only true blowout so in my book and an average team made it 9 weeks until getting their *** handed to them.

Help Support Us

Become a patron