Best twitter follows for ISU scoops?

cyclones360

Oct 26, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
I'm not talking about reporters or journalists. I'm talking about individual accounts that have been known to have inside scoops. I'll start off with @_Alexgookin. List any others below.

EDIT: Anybody know if @Cade4ISU is a reputable account? I'm new to the whole twitter universe.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'm not talking about reporters or journalists. I'm talking about individual accounts that have been known to have inside scoops. I'll start off with @_Alexgookin. List any others below.

EDIT: Anybody know if @Cade4ISU is a reputable account? I'm new to the whole twitter universe.

Cade's good, he catches too much unwarranted heat on here IMO

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

Not a ton of individual twitter accounts that are not reporters have inside scoops. Alex Halsted, Chris Williams, Jared Stansbury, Travis Hines, Dylan Montz all have good scoops but they’re reporters

If you really want inside scoop info from semi-anonymous people that have some degree of connection to the basketball and football programs then I’d suggest joining CycloneAlert.

CycloneAlert and CycloneFanatic both “break stories” around the same time but I’ve found that there’s more “insiders” on CycloneAlert willing to share info

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

50ShadesofMustard

May 24, 2017
Wasn't he saying on here that he was going to stop (or slow down) because of the flack he was getting? I could be connecting dots that arent there, though.
Huh, that's too bad if true. But he has stopped completely which isn't something he has done before.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
He caught flack for being creepy I feel like, not for his scoops.
Possibly, I just remember one day he was getting roasted by everyone because he stated something that wasn't exactly positive. (which tends to happen on here) but IIRC he wasn't bashing it for the sake of bashing, he was just stating his thoughts and people ran all over him. Now, that's not to say he hasn't been on here or twitter and been crappy before or what caused his hiatus from social media haha, I'm not gonna claim I am a avid Cale follower. But I have nothing against him

edit: just noticed you said creepy. yeah, I can't disagree with that at times haha

Reactions: CYGolfer39

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Kirk Haaland @khaal53 is pretty good, though I think he writes stuff for CF from time to time. He knows things about basketball

@Big12refs is a must for a satirical look at life in the Big 12.

I don't usually like to follow 18-22 year olds, but Georges and Naz and Lazard are good ones.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Not a ton of individual twitter accounts that are not reporters have inside scoops. Alex Halsted, Chris Williams, Jared Stansbury, Travis Hines, Dylan Montz all have good scoops but they’re reporters

If you really want inside scoop info from semi-anonymous people that have some degree of connection to the basketball and football programs then I’d suggest joining CycloneAlert.

CycloneAlert and CycloneFanatic both “break stories” around the same time but I’ve found that there’s more “insiders” on CycloneAlert willing to share info

Yeah, I follow all those guys, some national guys, and then some fellow Cyclone fans. If something happens, I'll see it 15 times on my wall, which makes it hard to miss.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'm laughing to myself trying to think of the teenager that ran/runs an acct, that the name actually sounds legit but they aren't.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
My opinion is to stay away from 18-22 year old types. For every "scoop" or hot take you'll get 50 dumb takes most of which are non Cyclone related. I stop following Cade because he's a typical young twitter guy, over reacts a lot. I'm sure he's a good dude in real life but those are the types I have to stay away from.