Best Shows on TV Right Now?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
In no particular order

Psych
Criminal Minds (starting to wind down IMO)
Bones (same as above)
Archer
Grimm
Once Upon a Time (the show I watch with my wife)

Once Upon a Time is a good one. Only show I have ever liked a character played by the actress who was Dr Cameron (House) and Zoe (How I Met Your Mother). And the guy that plays Rumplestiltskin is awesome.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I have two dramas and two comedies that I watch religiously.

Breaking Bad (AMC)
Walking Dead (AMC)

Community (NBC)
Modern Family (ABC)

The Office has been on this list for as long as it's been on, but now I watch just because I've watched it for so long. I'm glad this is its final season. It really should have ended when Steve Carell left.

Last edited:

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Wow, whoever said Revolution was going to be bad was right. I watched it until the first commercial... I hate every single character on the show so far. Fifteen minutes in and I'm done.

mac4cy

Jul 16, 2009
Urbandale
Game of Thrones - the books are also very good.
Newsroom - takes me back to the West Wing. The conversation is very fast and you have to know a little about something or you could get lost. Also Sabitha Sloan is freaking HOT
Strikeback on Cinemax - Think The Unit with the Special forces and kicking ***. And the sex and nudity of Trueblood.
Animal Hospital - watched the pilot and thought it was funny.
The Voice - the one singing show I enjoy.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Wow, whoever said Revolution was going to be bad was right. I watched it until the first commercial... I hate every single character on the show so far. Fifteen minutes in and I'm done.

In other words, thank God the Falcons were playing on Monday night this week (couldn't DVR Bones and Revolution and watch MNF at the same time)

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Community - Goth Britta was oddly hot
Parks & Rec - I will see your Tom Haverford, and raise you one Ron Swanson (especially when he hooks up with his exes or goes out dancing)

American Horror Story was incredibly dark, but had me hooked from the opening scene with the twins and the girl with down-syndrome. The first season was incredibly good. Connie Britton is great.

As far as an old show that i recently finished, Jericho did a great job of wrapping up its story arch with a fulfilling second season. If only lost had had that kind of foresight (and I still liked the ending).

Jericho was great. After watching on Netflix, I really wish that one would have gone on for a couple more seasons.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I just started watching "Louie" on Netflix this weekend. Not very far in, but it's very funny so far.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Sons of Anarchy
Dexter
Justified
Sunny In PA
Archer
Homeland
House of Lies
Shameless
Californiacation
Suits

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX

Under duress, I watched to the end. Apparently, a few people not associated with the malitia still have operating, networked computers that run from magic power sources.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
gets a little old after the first season.

I'm only about five episodes in, but I'm guessing it's kind of the same thing all over again? Even some of the bits where they show him onstage have been repeated already, but I didn't know if that was just a coincidence.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Under duress, I watched to the end. Apparently, a few people not associated with the malitia still have operating, networked computers that run from magic power sources.

I can't stand shows where the characters act stupid, just so the plot can be pushed in the right direction. The kid acts stupid and his father dies because of it. Sorry, I can't get behind a character that is that ******* stupid. Same thing with the daughter/niece/whatever she is. Stupid stupid girl.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I can't stand shows where the characters act stupid, just so the plot can be pushed in the right direction. The kid acts stupid and his father dies because of it. Sorry, I can't get behind a character that is that ******* stupid. Same thing with the daughter/niece/whatever she is. Stupid stupid girl.
1295287513-clever-girl.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron