MLB: Best night of Baseball ever?

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
Has there ever been a better night of baseball with so much on the line? I sure can't think of one.

How about that five minute stretch where the Red Sox blew it and the Rays hit a walk-off home run? WOW!

CloneState1028

Jan 21, 2008
Ames, IA via Cedar Rapids
Not only all of that TONIGHT, but to think that the Cardinals (in their race) and the Rays in theirs each came back from HUGE deficits late in the season (10.5 games at one point for STL, 8? for Tampa Bay) to do it.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
Wow, I am simply amazed how awesome these games were. The teams that deserved to be there got there tonight. Ill remember this one for a long time.

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE
It was a pretty good night for baseball. I had gamecast up on both AL games while on cyclonfanatic.com. Multi-tasking. NL and AL wildcards both major comebacks in September, and no game tomorrow. Wow!

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Definitely the best night of baseball in a LONG time. It's gonna be another long while before we see something like this again.

BoilerClone

Dec 1, 2010
Indiana
My best baseball memory is Kirk Gibson's walk off homer in the '88 World Series. Tons of drama that night, too. This one was right up there, though!

ISUcy08

Dec 22, 2008
I don't even care for baseball that much anymore.... and that was FREAKIN' AWESOME! Plus, I HATE everything Boston.

Perault's twitter is HILARIOUS right now!

Lyon309Cy

Sep 5, 2010
Just incredible, I'm 4 for 4 tonight, and for the longest time it sure didn't look that way.
So the big question now is, what kind of curse do the Red Sox blame this on. Surely there had to have been something to have caused their complete collapse and Tampa's stunning rally. Maybe the curse of the short porch? The tying and winning HRs for Tampa couldn't have been much closer to foul and wouldn't have cleared the fence anywhere else in that park. Maybe the curse of the Andino?
What a way to get everyone's attention for the playoffs... only to lose it again to football. But for a night, baseball was king again.

lakesbison

Jul 14, 2009
holy hell, BASEBALL IS BAAAACK!

awesome endings.. 3 minutes after red sox choke, rays hit a HR. my 2 buds were at tampa game, they are drinking heavily in downtown st pete's!!

ps. twins won in 9th too!!! haha avoid loss # 100

Zastr6

Nov 17, 2009
Grimes
Yeah it was awesome watching one game end and moving to the next one at a time. Excited about my Diamondbacks playing the Brewers in NLDS. They have played well against them this season and hopefully they are able to punch out a win or 2 in Milwaukee since Arizona didn't get home field advantage.

Saturday is going to be crazy with Game 1 NLDS and ISU playing Texas.

Reactions: WhatMeWorry

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Awesome night. Glad I'm not a Braves or Red Sox fan. I can't remember when two teams choked this bad down the stretch in the same season. Their poor fans won't sleep for a week.

zwclones51

Aug 4, 2010
West Des Moines
Yeah it was awesome watching one game end and moving to the next one at a time. Excited about my Diamondbacks playing the Brewers in NLDS. They have played well against them this season and hopefully they are able to punch out a win or 2 in Milwaukee since Arizona didn't get home field advantage. Saturday is going to be crazy with Game 1 NLDS and ISU playing Texas.

wait.. Arizona is in the playoffs?

Help Support Us

Become a patron