Best guesses for bowl destinations for ISU this year?

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
The podcast indicated the athletic department is likely not thrilled about a Texas Bowl possibility. They mentioned they're unsure if they can say "no thanks" to the Texas Bowl but the athletic department doesn't want that date. Likely would be poorly attended and reflect negatively toward future bowl opportunities. If Orlando passes on Iowa State and ISU declines the invite for Texas Bowl, then Liberty is in play.
We can't turn down a bowl bid. But the conference can lobby the bowl committees to get an ideal outcome for all involved.

I would not be upset if TT got picked over ISU for Houston to set up easier travel for both schools.

Lafester

Nov 1, 2021
I am seeing predictions of Ole Miss (lost to a 6-6 team) and MSU (lost to OSU by 7 TD's) in NY6 bowls. Wouldn't OU have a decent chance at one of those spots?

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I am seeing predictions of Ole Miss (lost to a 6-6 team) and MSU (lost to OSU by 7 TD's) in NY6 bowls. Wouldn't OU have a decent chance at one of those spots?

The bottom line is that teams will have to finish in the CFP Top 10 to get an at-large spot.

Ole Miss was #9 last week and won. MSU was #12 last week and won. OU was #10 and lost.

Tuesday night's rankings will offer a pretty good indicator of who will be in line for the at-large spots.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron