Best guesses for bowl destinations for ISU this year?

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Not sure this could happen but Alabama vs Oklahoma would be very appealing match up in the Sugar Bowl.
This is why I’m holding out hope for Alamo Bowl. Send Baylor to the Fiesta and Okie State in playoff

Note. I have no idea which bowls are playoff this year

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Not sure this could happen but Alabama vs Oklahoma would be very appealing match up in the Sugar Bowl.
I believe that either Oklahoma State or Baylor will land in the Sugar by agreement. There is more latitude on the SEC end. So, it could be either Alabama or Ole Miss.

Reactions: Cypwr

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
It has to be either Okie State or Baylor for Sugar so OU can’t get there.
I still think JP will have some work ahead of him for Orlando to pick us over K State due to recency and overall climate of the fan base/season.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I believe that either Oklahoma State or Baylor will land in the Sugar by agreement. There is more latitude on the SEC end. So, it could be either Alabama or Ole Miss.

Once the CFP 4 are set, plan on the next-highest ranked teams from the Big 12 and SEC going to the Sugar.

danvillecyclone

Dec 8, 2011
It has to be either Okie State or Baylor for Sugar so OU can’t get there.
I still think JP will have some work ahead of him for Orlando to pick us over K State due to recency and overall climate of the fan base/season.
That’s not necessarily true.

Ohio State didn’t win the Big 10 east and they are going to go to the Rose Bowl over Iowa when Iowa gets beat.

Things may change with the coaching issue but if the Sugar had Oklahoma or Baylor , they will probably choose OU.

• Disagree
Reactions: DarkStar

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017

Ohio State didn’t win the Big 10 east and they are going to go to the Rose Bowl over Iowa when Iowa gets beat.

Things may change with the coaching issue but if the Sugar had Oklahoma or Baylor , they will probably choose OU.
I am fairly certain the Big 12 has it where the loser of the conference championship gets the Sugar Bowl if the champion is in the CFP. The Big Ten does not have that stipulation, so that's the difference.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007

Yeah. Baylor had trouble filling their 45,000 seat stadium with their team in the driver's seat for the Big 12 title. I'm sure they would take OU if they can.

danvillecyclone

Dec 8, 2011
I am fairly certain the Big 12 has it where the loser of the conference championship gets the Sugar Bowl if the champion is in the CFP. The Big Ten does not have that stipulation, so that's the difference.
The Big 12 does not have any stipulation to do that. Now, I think I read only 9 of 84 teams have ever been selected outside of the top 12 teams. But they can choose whoever they want.

here is an excerpt from the Big 12 website. Once the CFP is filled, then the Sugar gets first pick. They could pick anyone as long as they are bowl eligible.

Big 12 Bowl Partners
Once the CFP has filled its bowl slots, Big 12 bowl partners will make selections from the remaining Conference teams. Following is the order of selection. A bowl may pick from any available teams with .500 or better records when it reaches its spot in the selection order. After the placement of those teams, slots will be filled from among the pool of remaining teams.
Allstate Sugar
Valero Alamo
Cheez-It
Texas
AutoZone Liberty
Guaranteed Rate
Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl*/SERVPRO First Responders Bowl* “