• Bojangles

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Other

Votes: 24 22.0%

• Total voters

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Really like pizza ranch. KFC is the worst, honestly, I don't know how anyone can eat more than one piece of the greasy stuff. I swear the original recipe is cooked in 375 degree grease so it can soak up as much oil as possible.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Kenny Rogers

200.gif

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Charley Biggs Chicken.....a chain of convenience store chicken, and if you go to the ISU legacy Stensrud family home town of Lake Mills, IA you will find the best chicken around in a little convenience store names Don's. This place makes the best chicken around, using Charley Biggs recipe, their chicken strips are phenomenal. I've seen it at other places but have never had the chance to try it to see if it is as good as Don's or if it is just how they make it there.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Broasted chicken >>>>>>>>>> Fried chicken

Shout out to Haley’s in Marshalltown. Their broasted chicken is phenomenal. The smoked chicken quarters on Monday’s are also delicious.

• Agree
Reactions: Gordilly

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I know I'm splitting hairs here, but the chicken at Pizza Ranch is broasted.

Worked at a Pizza Ranch once, including helping broast the chicken. To the day not sure I could handle that smell again.

My stoned roommates loved it when I brought home extra after we closed though. LOVED it.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
In Ames area: Pizza Ranch and this little gas station in Nevada.

Otherwise: Popeyes or Zaxbys

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Go Chicken Go in KC. It's not a chain, but it's the best I've had. As far as chains, Raising Canes, Slim Chickens and Zaxbys as all great.

I think Go Chicken Go has 3 locations around KC. I work by one and had it yesterday, it's really good. The breading is the perfect thickness and has the perfect seasoning.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Popeyes is a favorite of mine. There is a regional chain down here called Chicken Express (mainly TX and OK) that I like better than Popeyes.

I do miss Chicken Express (which I always called Pollos Hermanos). Seemed like I could order 4 breasts, 2 drumsticks, wings, biscuits, fried pickles, and tea for like $5.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Best Fried chicken I ever had story:

About 7-8 years ago, on vacation in Florida. Had to go to a Walgreens to get some medicine for my kid. On the way back to the motel, stopped at a grocery store (I think it was Publix, but not sure) about 10 AM. Right when I walked by the cafe, there was an old lady setting out a fresh batch of fried chicken. Cranky old broad, kind of barked at me when I said there were no forks out yet . . . but man, that fried chicken she made ... outta sight.

Sitting in a rental van, secretly eating early lunch by myself . . . priceless.

• Winner
Reactions: JP4CY