Best Convenience Store

Best Convenience Store

• Total voters

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I thought I’d start a poll from something that came up in another thread. In my opinion the midwest, specifically Iowa, has the best convenience stores in the country. I’ve lived in areas with the likes of Thornton’s, Marathons, Shells, 7-11, etc. and the usual Iowa stores like Kwik Star, QT, Casey’s and Kum and Go.

What’s your favorite?

Edit: Just realized I forgot Wawa for the east coasters.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: RealisticCy

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
A lot can vary from store to store, but i've been a fan of KwikStar's ankeny locations. I'd probably go 1. Kwikstar, 2- K&G, 3. Caseys. We're lucky around here though, because any of those would be the best option in a lot of the country.

Reactions: JP4CY

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Depends what I'm in the mood for. Casey's quality of food is better but Kwik Star variety of hot food options puts it above Casey's for me. But I'm a big fan of chocolate milk and Casey's A&E >>> Kwik Star's Nature's Touch

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I notice we are very lucky on grocery stores too around the Midwest. I've been out west, east, and texas, and the choices/features suck.

Speaking of gas stations and grocery stores, I'm enjoying the hy-vee gas stations. Decent food options, booze, and they have the slushies I like.

Reactions: azhuth09

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Back to the original question, I'll have to go Casey's for loyalty, although Kwik-Star is mighty awesome for a little bigger selection of grocery and hot items.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
A far 2nd place is Casey's (only because of the pizza) and then Kum & Go rounding up 3rd.

*Edit - I was think of Quick Trip, not Kum & Go.

1. Buc-ee's

2. Casey's
3. Quick Trip
4. Kum & Go

Last edited:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
4g8e9f.jpg

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Kwik Trip/Kwik Star is the best for having immaculate restrooms.

Food is a really close battle between Kwik Trip/Star and Casey's unless you're getting a sandwich. No place on earth takes longer for a sandwich than Casey's.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I notice we are very lucky on grocery stores too around the Midwest. I've been out west, east, and texas, and the choices/features suck.

Speaking of gas stations and grocery stores, I'm enjoying the hy-vee gas stations. Decent food options, booze, and they have the slushies I like.

I have to respectively disagree on the grocery stores, HEB in central/south Texas is incredible. Nothing here really compares...

Bucee’s is an experience you must behold to appreciate.

• Agree
Reactions: CtownCyclone

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
Kiwk Trip / Kwik Star for me. Although I've heard rumors of incredibly classy gas stations out east. I don't remember the name. And unfortunately, my one talent in this world is picking really ****** exits for gas stations while traveling, so I've never found them.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
For me in the Des Moines area gas prices themselves are a big factor. I always have to drive up to Ankeny to QT or Casey’s.

If you get rid of the gas aspect I would say QT or HyVee. Casey’s would be right there for availability. I don’t get people’s love of Kwik Star. Maybe I’m to elitist but the appeal seems to be they have some groceries. I’m not getting my groceries from a gas station.

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90