Best Breakfast Place in College Towns

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Back in my college years we had Angies Kitchen. It’s shocking that a breakfast spot like that in the heart of campustown failed.

Reactions: CychiatricWard

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Back in my college years we had Angies Kitchen. It’s shocking that a breakfast spot like that in the heart of campustown failed.
They used to be open until maybe 3am.
They did a nice job fixing up that building and it unfortunately didn't last long.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
The Grove is pretty overrated. It's small and kind of rundown, which would be fine if the food were better, but it's honestly pretty standard.

Depending on what you're in the mood for, the Filling station has some good breakfast food. Provisions also has good options.

larry

Apr 11, 2006
iowa city
Really miss Lou Henri. They had great choices for vegetarians and meat eaters. I prefer Dandelion.
For years, Hamburg Inn was the place to go, but ownership/management changed a couple of years ago, and the service and food quality, imo, really dropped off. .

Bluebird is good, can't speak for Dandelion. Lou Henri was good, but always had dicey service from the extremely laid-back staff.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The Grove is pretty overrated. It's small and kind of rundown, which would be fine if the food were better, but it's honestly pretty standard.

Depending on what you're in the mood for, the Filling station has some good breakfast food. Provisions also has good options.
My Mrs loves the pancakes but the syrup is pretty thin, almost like watered down.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

It didn’t fail. The owner was the guy who owned Bali Satay. He just decided he was done with restaurants eventually. Around the same time the re-development of that block started.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
My Mrs loves the pancakes but the syrup is pretty thin, almost like watered down.
Most homemade syrup I’ve had has been thin. Not saying what they serve is homemade just an observation I’ve had.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron