Best board game-Ticket to Ride!

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
If you want a GREAT board game for Christmas, we love Ticket to Ride. It's a $50. game, but worth it. Strategy, fast paced and games last about a hour. The original Ticket to Ride can be played with 5 people, they have several other Ticket to Ride games out as well. You'll get hooked if you get one. Just an idea.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Settlers of Catan is a good game. :yes:

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Hey, what's wrong with Monopoly?

I have to agree with Dane Cook on this one.

This is every game of Monopoly ever played. (harsh language)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-zKs1btHiw]YouTube - Dane Cook on Monopoly cartoon[/ame]

ISUcy08

Dec 22, 2008
Nothing wrong with a board game once in a while. Especially honeymoon board games!:yes:

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
My girlfriends dad and uncle started with ticket to ride and then got into settlers of catan and stuff like that...they even went to a convention. I can do ticket to ride and Carcasonne but anything past that I don't care to take 30-45 minutes just getting the game explained to me and then spend another couple of hours playing it. My attention span is gone before the directions are over.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Checked it out and it sounds interesting. I've really been looking for a non-video game that both my wife and son would like to play (my wife can't get into any of our video games).

I ended up going to boardgamegeek.com and then bought 7 Wonders. It ranked as their #1 family game. Hope it is, because I paid through the nose for it.

CycloneKC

Jan 13, 2010
Axis & Allies has to be my all time favorite!

Checked it out and it sounds interesting. I've really been looking for a non-video game that both my wife and son would like to play (my wife can't get into any of our video games).

I ended up going to boardgamegeek.com and then bought 7 Wonders. It ranked as their #1 family game. Hope it is, because I paid through the nose for it.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
have played ticket to ride mant times before as well as settlers of catan.

Another good one that I have played multiple time is Power Grid.
a fun game similar to those but with a few different concepts that are guaranteed to get you hooked.

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I liked Fortress America but I think it has been out of print for years. The only places I've seen it is for $200 or so.....

sodakjoe

Sep 15, 2006
Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
have played ticket to ride mant times before as well as settlers of catan.

Another good one that I have played multiple time is Power Grid.
a fun game similar to those but with a few different concepts that are guaranteed to get you hooked.

Power Grid is one of my favorites. I have every expansion board too. I've spent waaaay too much money on that game. Still worth it.