Best At-Home Free Weights

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
How she not torn everything?

JSNE0ra.gif
She's basically turning it into a decline press by contorting her body like that. Typically you can bench more with that motion. What people won't do for an edge...

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I got some Bowflex SelecTechs a couple years ago for Christmas & love them. Mine are just the 552's (go up to 52.5 lbs) cause I'm weak, but they make a 1090 as well (goes up to 90 lbs) - just costs a LOT more.

Reactions: Dandy

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Power rack, adjustable dumbbells and a nice bench. With weights, that stuff will run you about 3-4k.
Look on marketplace, might get lucky

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Not to be THAT guy but people should start taking a look into body weight only workouts. Great results, better on your joints, great adaptability for different skill levels. If you don't believe me looks at Herschel Walker, he never lifted weights.

Not even taking about conventional things like push ups, sit ups and pull ups. Planking, yoga, crab walking, bear crawling, burpies, heavy bag work, jump rope, jogging/walking will give you great results if consistent and diet is controlled.

Comparing almost any human to Herschel won't go in their favor. That man is a freak.

KHoing07

Jun 20, 2018
Rogue is the best hands down. But they are expensive. My experience is it's best to just go with the individual dumbbells instead of the adjustable ones. You can never go wrong with an adjustable bench that you can do all you normal bench presses and inclines and declines if you want.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Not to be THAT guy but people should start taking a look into body weight only workouts. Great results, better on your joints, great adaptability for different skill levels. If you don't believe me looks at Herschel Walker, he never lifted weights.

Not even taking about conventional things like push ups, sit ups and pull ups. Planking, yoga, crab walking, bear crawling, burpies, heavy bag work, jump rope, jogging/walking will give you great results if consistent and diet is controlled.

Worked for Tampa Bay baseball player Randy Arozarena.

Stuck in an apartment in St. Petersburg by himself for a month waiting to get over his case of COVID-19 and get the requisite negative tests to rejoin his teammates, new Rays outfielder Randy Arozarena figured he would make the best of it.​
He taught himself to cook, improving his usual diet with a healthy version of chicken and rice, and stuck to a regular exercise routine, including 300 pushups a day, putting on about 15 pounds of muscle.​

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/ray...y-arozarenas-rise-with-rays-chicken-and-rice/

Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I’ve looked at a few different options recently but never pulled the trigger. All I can say is that everything is high in price and low in stock. Everyone else in the country is thinking the same idea for home workouts.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
I have had a set of bow flex adjustable up to 52.5 lb dumbbells for probably 15 years now and they’ve worked really well. I can’t say I use them religiously but when I do, I put together about 12-15 different lifts to do a full body circuit three sets each and it gives me a good workout. My main problem is if I don’t sign up for a gym membership or don’t play pickup basketball, it’s tough to get motivated even with the dumbbells at home.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
No barbells etc available at Scheels today but plenty of dumbbells and kettle bells. Bought my 13 yr old a hex trap bar. Might be able to find bumper plates and barbells online