Best and Worst Fans

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If you were watching a game and your team was playing the worst they did all season, We had already been pissed at the band (my family is involved with farming and agriculture so yeah it pissed me off), and had a douche ISU fan to deal with, then yeah I was going to probably say things I normally wouldn’t.

They cared what the band did? It didn’t bother me one bit.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
They cared what the band did? It didn’t bother me one bit.
Are you asking about the ISU guy? If so no, he though it was hysterical in which Timmy responded to him by asking him if he realized ISU was an Ag school.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Are you asking about the ISU guy? If so no, he though it was hysterical in which Timmy responded to him by asking him if he realized ISU was an Ag school.

Do you think it's weird that you call Penn State "Pedos" because of one coach but ignore multiple Iowa coaches who are racist?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I just feel it’s the rivalry. I haven’t been to a game in Ames is probably a decade. Iowa fans are obnoxious, and ISU fans are obnoxious. And I really feel it is only this rivalry that has that happen between Iowa and other teams because ISU fans are really the only fans of teams that complain about Iowa. Other teams fans come to message boards or post on social media that Iowa fans were awesome and really nice outside of PSU because no one wants to be nice to them.
Never had a MN fan say a nice word about Iowa fans around me and I deal with them a lot.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
Never had a MN fan say a nice word about Iowa fans around me and I deal with them a lot.
I don’t blame them. Us Iowa fans don’t have much much nice to say about them either. Both fan bases are asses to eachother.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Another thing about the “Iowa wrestling fans are jerks, but that’s only wrestling” thing. Can you really say that’s only wrestling? I can’t imagine people are really going to be jerks for one sport but not others. Also, I don’t follow wrestling, but are fans there really separate from the rest of the fanbase (i.e. are there a lot Of people that only cheer for wrestling and nothing else)?

Their wrestling fans are on another level of jerks than anything else out there.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My dad was upset, cousins were not happy, some friends who were Stanford grads were not surprised but weren’t happy with it. All around
nobody was exactly happy to see it.

I saw it and didn’t care one bit about it. Wasn’t offended at all.

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Host fan bases that I've experienced at Iowa State and Colorado State games, ranked best to worst:

Texas A&M - super polite and welcoming, fun to party with
Texas - surprisingly, were also very welcoming and fun for the most part
Kansas State - fun tailgate, cow town bretheren
Oklahoma State - generally a fun tailgate and nice fans, a few bad apples
Wyoming - good at tailgating in the cold
TCU - kind of a lame fan base actually, poor tailgating and turnout for the game I was at
Nebraska - some of their fans are pretty solid people but the fanbase as a whole is still delusional, and some real idiots
Iowa - never been treated worse at a tailgate, except for:
Colorado - beautiful stadium, terrible fans

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Their wrestling fans are on another level of jerks than anything else out there.
I'm sure, but are wrestling fans normally just fans of the wrestling team, or would they also be fans of the football team? Because I'm skeptical about that, and the idea that they are terrible fans during wrestling but great every other time

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'm sure, but are wrestling fans normally just fans of the wrestling team, or would they also be fans of the football team? Because I'm skeptical about that, and the idea that they are terrible fans during wrestling but great every other time

The wrestling community is an odd community. Wrestling comes first. Ask boxster about his interactions with them. They will actually want to meet and fight you. The hard core will be strictly wrestling (it is nearly year round so they are into it hard). They may watch football but low interest level on much of it. Remember, many of them were 140# or less in HS so they were generally small for football and quite often ran cross country to get /stay in shape.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
So if the scenario was reversed it wouldn't be that big of a deal? You are a bad human.

He's a hawk fan not named Gonzo, TM3308, or Split Identity, most the rest of them don't last too long before getting the ban hammer.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The wrestling community is an odd community. Wrestling comes first. Ask boxster about his interactions with them. They will actually want to meet and fight you. The hard core will be strictly wrestling (it is nearly year round so they are into it hard). They may watch football but low interest level on much of it. Remember, many of them were 140# or less in HS so they were generally small for football and quite often ran cross country to get /stay in shape.
Also, many other iowa wrestling fans may be "go to every match" wrestling fans but are "have never been to Kinnick" football fans.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Iowa fans are so conceited that they feel the need to go onto opposing team's message board and tell fans of the opposing team how great they are. EVERY day.