Best and Worst Fans

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I went to our first football game in Morgantown (the big come from behind win) and their fans were amazing the entire time. Even after the game they were cordial. We had so much free moonshine and food shoved in our faces tailgating. On Friday afternoon, we were eating lunch at a Morgantown sports bar and a random group of guys who stopped and chatted briefly with us (we all had ISU gear on) bought our beers. Later that night, we went to a bar downtown that had karaoke. We got on stage in our ISU gear and sang "Country Roads". I don't think we paid for a beer the rest of the night.

Baylor is my worst experience at a game. They're uptight d-bags, and they don't support their team at all. They called the cops on our group because one guy smuggled a beer in to the stadium.

A&M was weird. Younger Aggy fans were really fun and welcoming. Older Aggy fans were ******* sociopaths who tried to fight/confront anyone and everyone that didn't show proper deference to their 8,000,000 made up traditions that no one but them knows or gives a **** about.

OSU/KSU are basically us. I have very positive experiences with both. I probably prefer OSU. They just aren't as nerdy.

Mizzou fans were forgettable.

KU fans are actually pretty cool for football. Self deprecating and just there to drink and attend a cheap sporting event.

Nebraska fans are pretty meh. They're very nice, but it feels phony and self-congratulatory. I think if ISU had won the game I attended, they wouldn't be as nice.

TCU fans seemed like a mix bag. We tailgated with a real cool group, but saw a lot of general upper crust douchery around us.

Texas fans are cool as hell. I was there in 2010 and everyone was super nice when they thought they would kick our ass, and remained nice when we kicked there's.

Iowa fans can be pretty terrible. But most are fine. I think it's just rivalry ****. I haven't heard too many Big 10 fans complain about them.

Wazzu fans were very cool. They like to party, just like us.

Memphis fans were kinda weird. We had some old Memphis fan walk up to our tailgate and get all emotional and rant about "N*gg*rs tearing down our statues!" It was extremely uncomfortable. Later on, a bunch got butt hurt that we were urinating behind our pick up doors. I'm sorry, we weren't the ones who put 3 kybos for 60,000 people out there.

I got the impression the Memphis fanbase is a pretty rough group. We had some really obnoxious ones around us during the game.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I got the impression the Memphis fanbase is a pretty rough group. We had some really obnoxious ones around us during the game.
My brother and I had no tailgate to go to in Memphis. We saw a tiger tailgating bus and went over to look at it. The owner saw us come up and we mentioned that we had a tailgating bus as well. He invited us to come in and take a look, offered us beer and food and talked to us for about 45 minutes. I only wish he had a Kybo - they weren't happy about that situation either.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
My brother and I had no tailgate to go to in Memphis. We saw a tiger tailgating bus and went over to look at it. The owner saw us come up and we mentioned that we had a tailgating bus as well. He invited us to come in and take a look, offered us beer and food and talked to us for about 45 minutes. I only wish he had a Kybo - they weren't happy about that situation either.

I distinctly remember that day coming to terms with the fact that I may, as a grown man, **** my pants.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
Best: Oklahoma fans were pretty nice when we went there for the insight bowl in 2011.
Worst: The University of Spoiled Children blows. Super condescending and a bunch of arrogant ********.

Maybe so this past season.

Iowa's banner season in 2002 vs USC @ the Orange Bowl?

Some Iowa players and their fans were freaking obnoxious the entire week--per my Hawkeye friends who attended the game and were in South Beach and on the beach--with some asshat Hawk fans embarrassing the whole state

And Iowa players like Matt Roth, Grant Steen, and especially Fred Barr mouthing-off all season--especially in Miami and talking trash to USC players lol

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Michigan fans are condescending, drink mimosa at their tail gates and generally think their **** doesn’t stink. Just annoying as F...

Nebraska fans are deluded..

Cyclone fans obviously blow:p

• Haha
Reactions: CyHawk1605

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
A funny fan memory that popped in my head actually happened at the Rose Bowl. My dad and I were in our seats an hour early and about 15 minutes till game time, Tim Dwight and some of his buddies walked in and sat down right in front of us. 30 minutes into the game a clone fan walks in. Now you could tell he wasn’t going to be much fun because he kept yelling **** Iowa at the band and was talking to his other clone friend about how ISU should have killed Iowa in 2015. After it started getting ugly he turned around to my dad and said, “Man, Iowa ******* sucks. They are an embarrassment to the state and so are you and your son by wearing black and gold colors.” I remember getting pissed and telling him to go stick his head back up Seneca Wallace’s ass. Dwight turns over and joins in and just rips into the dude. About 90% of it was how ISU had never had a 10 win season, hadn’t won a conference or division title in over 100 years, and other stuff. That dude left after the third quarter because Timmy kept ripping into him. Most of the time I don’t condone that but this guy deserved every bit of it.

• Agree

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
A funny fan memory that popped in my head actually happened at the Rose Bowl. My dad and I were in our seats an hour early and about 15 minutes till game time, Tim Dwight and some of his buddies walked in and sat down right in front of us. 30 minutes into the game a clone fan walks in. Now you could tell he wasn’t going to be much fun because he kept yelling **** Iowa at the band and was talking to his other clone friend about how ISU should have killed Iowa in 2015. After it started getting ugly he turned around to my dad and said, “Man, Iowa ******* sucks. They are an embarrassment to the state and so are you and your son by wearing black and gold colors.” I remember getting pissed and telling him to go stick his head back up Seneca Wallace’s ass. Dwight turns over and joins in and just rips into the dude. About 90% of it was how ISU had never had a 10 win season, hadn’t won a conference or division title in over 100 years, and other stuff. That dude left after the third quarter because Timmy kept ripping into him. Most of the time I don’t condone that but this guy deserved every bit of it.
Liar.

Reactions: Candide

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Michigan fans are condescending, drink mimosa at their tail gates and generally think their **** doesn’t stink. Just annoying as F...

Nebraska fans are deluded..

Cyclone fans obviously blow:p
Kevin-Kline-Apologize.gif

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

You told a grown man to stick his head up Seneca Wallace's ass? Yikes!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Why I didn't believe Timmy when he said he cheers for ISU. Dude is a 13 year old masquerading in a 40 year old body.

• Agree

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If you say nothing to me, I won’t say anything to you. And what would you have done if he turned around and said to your dad, what he had said to mine?
I mean I would never tell a grown man to stick his head up a former college football players ass. That's just sad

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
I mean I would never tell a grown man to stick his head up a former college football players ass. That's just sad
Whatever. I would have been polite about until he attacked my dad. Sorry I’m not nice about standing up for my family.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If you say nothing to me, I won’t say anything to you. And what would you have done if he turned around and said to your dad, what he had said to mine?

I would have ignored him and then told my dad to just ignore him because the guy apparently takes sports too seriously.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Is there really a fan base even close to as bad as Iowa? I live in Eastern Iowa, where GameDay isn't just once a year. It's every day the second the tavern hawks see you walk out of the house with Cyclone gear on.

I'll be damned if I can go to the grocery store wearing an ISU hoodie and not hear "IS- WHO?!" a couple times on average

Reactions: Candide