Benton

sdcyfan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 12, 2006
Rapid City, SD
Was just wondering how he is doing? Has there been any updates? Thought he was really playing well for us and has a bright future.

Who fills in for him the rest of the season? Sandvig, Reeves, or O'Connell at the nickel spot?

Ter'Ran, wish you the best with your recovery. You will be missed the rest of the season. Can't wait to see you back in full speed.

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
Word has it Benton wants to play yet this year. I am pretty sure he has a fractured fibula. If you are going to break a bone in the leg, that is the one to break. The fibula is non weight bearing and it is primarily used for muscle and tendon attatchment. Because of the lack of stress on the bone, the healing process is faster.

That being said, if , excuse me, WHEN we are in our bowl game, he should be ready. I highly doubt we can get him back for Missou.

There are some types of therapy that you can use to help speed up the healing process, like laser therapy, but ultimately, time is the biggest factor.

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
Said he would be back in 2 weeks.

That would surprise me, but I wouldn't complain either:biggrin:

We really have not heard to much about the extent of the injury.

Must have had a pretty favorable prognosis.

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
I saw him on the sidelines at halftime limping around with the doctors with him. The team was in the locker room and I couldn't figure out why he was still out there. Then after I saw him standing so I was surprised to read later that he had a broken leg.

CysMyGuy

Nov 2, 2006
Southlake TX
Remember when Ryan Harklau broke his foot a few years back. He was eating tums like candy to pump up the calcium to get to heal bone. He was back pretty fast as I recall.

If Chiz were the coach, it's season ending.

With Rhoads, these guys will go through walls for him. I say Benton plays before the bowl game.

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
Heard a little tid-bit about it from a player, I would just go by his FB status for now.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
I'd rather him fully heal than comeback too soon. If they both happen and he's back for Mizzou than it's all good. I really hope we get in a bowl game so he can play again this football year and reap some of the rewards of the extra practice for next year too.