Belmont to the MVC

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
I am hearing a lot of talk about it. Sounds like it’s going to happen soon. I guess they are looking to replace the few that left.

Reactions: 3GenClone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
nobody-cares-nobody-gives-a-fck.gif

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

Sounds like Ohio Valley is losing two other teams as well. The article seems to imply Murray State could be looking at leaving too, or stay behind as the premier team in the OVC.

This would be a great team to add to the MVC. I pulled the trigger for season tickets to Drake Men's b-ball this year, so this would be a pleasant development.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com

Sounds like Ohio Valley is losing two other teams as well. The article seems to imply Murray State could be looking at leaving too, or stay behind as the premier team in the OVC.

This would be a great team to add to the MVC. I pulled the trigger for season tickets to Drake Men's b-ball this year, so this would be a pleasant development.

So it's 7 teams with these departures, then would be 6 if Murray splits. Curious which league/leagues OVC would raid (not sure of pecking order when it gets down to that level).

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Next Q: Is MVC going to add an additional member to get to 12?

I'll answer this an then leave you guys to go after him...

The end game is most likely 14. Murray State, UT-Arlington and Little Rock.

UTA and Little Rock are getting the boot from the Sun Belt because they don't play football and they're geographically a nice bridge to Missouri State who has become somewhat of an outlier. Plus UTA just announced that they're doubling their basketball budget.

Makes the Valley at least on par with the A10 and new American and probably moves it ahead of whatever is going to be left of the Mountain West after the American picks what they want. It's a really good move for the league.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019

Wait… you care? According to the trolls on here no one cares.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'll answer this an then leave you guys to go after him...

The end game is most likely 14. Murray State, UT-Arlington and Little Rock.

UTA and Little Rock are getting the boot from the Sun Belt because they don't play football and they're geographically a nice bridge to Missouri State who has become somewhat of an outlier. Plus UTA just announced that they're doubling their basketball budget.

Makes the Valley at least on par with the A10 and new American and probably moves it ahead of whatever is going to be left of the Mountain West after the American picks what they want. It's a really good move for the league.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
To not spill the beans on pay walls but The Athletic believes CSU and Air Force would bolt today to the AAC.
SDSU and Boise probably wouldn't because they are hedging that the B12 would expand and snag them.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
To not spill the beans on pay walls but The Athletic believes CSU and Air Force would bolt today to the AAC.
SDSU and Boise probably wouldn't because they are hedging that the B12 would expand and snag them.

I read that and it totally makes sense. There's also some smoke that the new WAC is really pressing hard at New Mexico to be the anchor for that league. The Mountain West's biggest problem has always been that nobody really wants to be with Fresno and San Jose but they don't have another viable league to jump to.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron