Been 24-48 hours....

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Take a breath Scotty. Your acting like little Jose when the females are in thee room :biglaugh:

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Where the heck is the outcome of this teleconference?

I guess my (optimistic) feeling is that they are thinking about reducing the punishment and are trying to work that out. If they weren't going to do something - that would be that and we'd know. (one would think)

Or ...

They are just as dumb as we've made them out to be and forgot we called. :skeptical:

Which one do you think is more likely? :cool:

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Sorry about another thread regarding Lucca...but yeah it's taking longer than expected, and maybe they are going to discuss this after 5 o'clock business hours in a little meeting.

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
I think I had posted the other day that this is the problem with committees. They will want to discuss this amongst themselves and will have to set a time when all can be available. Plus when the decision comes down, no one person will be accountable. Since we are now into Christmas I don't expect anything till after the new year.
I could be wrong and I hope I am.

If I had a choice of pleading my case to one person vs a committee, I'll take the one person every time. Trial by judge vs trial by jury.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
My guess is that they are going to give us a turd wrapped up with a nice little bow just in time for Christmas. Something like, "He's ineligible, but we're happy to tell you he can play next year." Then be off for the weekend and following week to avoid any criticism.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
They will probably wait until after the season to announce that lucca is eligible, but will say this year cost him eligiblity.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
After there was no announcement this morning, I sort of lost interest. I'm still hopeful, but I don't think we'll hear anything for some time now.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
If you are in court you want a jury trial 99% of the time. You only need to convince one that you are not guilty.

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
If you are in court you want a jury trial 99% of the time. You only need to convince one that you are not guilty.

Well, I understand your point, but if you only convince one you get to do it all over again.

IOWASTATE

Oct 29, 2007
Ames
My guess is that they are going to give us a turd wrapped up with a nice little bow just in time for Christmas. Something like, "He's ineligible, but we're happy to tell you he can play next year." Then be off for the weekend and following week to avoid any criticism.

And if by next year you mean Jan. 1 2008, I'll take it!!!

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
im really starting to get annoyed.. i want to know.. its so pathetic the fact they are taking so long.. when in reality we should have never had to deal with it in the first place

MidwestZest

Apr 22, 2006
Sycamore, IL
this whole situation makes my brain want to hyperventilate. grrr. haha. maybe if we all stop checking every 5 minutes to see if something's happened, then we'll hear a ruling. Like when you've been waiting forever for food at a restaurant, so you go to the bathroom, and when you come back your food's there. Or washing your car since it's not supposed to rain, and then it raining the next day. :)

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
this whole situation makes my brain want to hyperventilate. grrr. haha. maybe if we all stop checking every 5 minutes to see if something's happened, then we'll hear a ruling. Like when you've been waiting forever for food at a restaurant, so you go to the bathroom, and when you come back your food's there. Or washing your car since it's not supposed to rain, and then it raining the next day. :)

ya but once we get off line and come back we will be pissed to find out we waited all that time and got off and if we would have waited 30more secs we would have found out.. :skeptical:

crazyclone21

Mar 25, 2006
Le Mars, IA
We would hope its something good. We are past the deadline, and like a previous post mentioned, it must mean they are trying to determine how to shorten or change his punishment.

MidwestZest

Apr 22, 2006
Sycamore, IL
ya but once we get off line and come back we will be pissed to find out we waited all that time and got off and if we would have waited 30more secs we would have found out.. :skeptical:

true true. *continues to drum fingers on desk in dismay and anticipation....*

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron