Bed-in-a-box mattresses

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Doing research on a lot of these and want others opinions. Layla is the one I am leaning towards at the moment. Purple is another, but it is on the more pricey side. Tuft and needle is another one I'm looking at.

Any you like?

Reactions: urb1

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
We went cheap with the 12" Signature Sleep brand from Amazon and have liked it for the last 3 years. The bigger brands do have 90 day guarantees that the budget brands do not, but beyond that I don't know what you are getting from the higher prices.

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
We got a Cocoon by Sealy about two years ago. So far, so good. Seems to be holding up well and we’ve been really happy with it.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
We got a purple a year and a half ago. No complaints- but no break through either. It’s a mattress.

• Funny
Reactions: AlaCyclone

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
Nectar, great mattress and pillows, just be sure to unstuff the pillows, the pillows are way thick and made to be unstuffed. Also a 365 trial period

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Another vote for Tuft & Needle. Great mattress. Two years in and its been perfect. Used to have pretty consistent hip pain in the morning and this has really helped with it.

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
I also went with Nectar, due to the "forever warranty" and 365 trial. Its been good, no complaints, but not a life changing mattress. Ive slept on other foam bed-in-box mattress, I think they are really pretty much the same.

• Agree
Reactions: kilroy

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I've had two bed-in-a-box. The last from Amazon; their "best"... it's not great. Neither that I've ordered have been good compared to a real mattress from an actual mattress store.

Last edited:

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I'm really in need of a mattress upgrade. I'm currently on a hand-me-down mattress that, I swear to god, has to be from the 70s. I've had a memory foam topper on it that has at least made it tolerable. But I definitely want to get a Purple mattress (I've already got a pillow and seat cushion from them and really like them both), but I haven't decided which one to get. I've seen conflicting reviews on the original Purple's ability to support heavier people. I'm about 280, and some reviews say that's fine, others say if you're 250 or so, you might want to consider getting one of the newer Purple mattresses. The price difference is pretty big between an original queen and and new model queen, though.

Jeffwork

Mar 9, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Doing research on a lot of these and want others opinions. Layla is the one I am leaning towards at the moment. Purple is another, but it is on the more pricey side. Tuft and needle is another one I'm looking at.

Any you like?

We did some research too and ended up buying one from Leesa. We are very happy with it. Definitely a different feel than regular mattresses. One plus is I don't disturb the wife getting in and out like I did on a mattress. Happy hunting