Bears to franchise Robinson?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Is he that good?
He was top 10 in the league in receptions and yards this year, and wasn't far from that last year, either. And that's with Chicago's quarterback situation. Hard to imagine anyone else on the team is capable of that kind of production, nor is it likely they could acquire similar production in free agency or the draft.
Not saying I agree with it, but I understand the reasoning behind tagging him.

Reactions: dawgpound

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Sounds like the bloom is off the rose in Chicago.........

"Wide receiver Allen Robinson, the only consistently good thing about the Bears’ offense, is prepared to find a new home as an unrestricted free agent in March."

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
"Wide receiver Allen Robinson, the only consistently good thing about the Bears’ offense, is prepared to find a new home as an unrestricted free agent in March."

David was awesome this year, and is definitely on an upward trajectory, but he needs another year like this year before I'd call him consistent.

• Agree
Reactions: aobie

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
I'm just happy Bears didn't end up with Wentz - not that Pace & Nagy didn't try. I really have no great insight because if Pace & Nagy weren't already lame ducks, Nagy's offseason of coaching hires/promotions hasn't exactly instilled a sense of optimism either.

- But yes, sign A-Rob already. He has been surprisingly dependable and productive no matter what terrible QB performances Bears had to endure.

- I don't think Pace would have it in him to trade for Watson, that'd be too directly admitting his epic Trubisky trade-up mistake.

- Get James Daniels healthy again, and make a splash with a veteran OT free agent signing

- Keep David in Chicago.

- Let Foles get an offseason to prepare for the first half of the season, and draft a hopeful QB to take over. I really don't know what the heck Nagy is trying for in QB style, so idk who makes sense between Jones, Trask, Lance? Just draft one so we have a promising young QB under control when a new HC takes over in 2022.

Last edited:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
David was awesome this year, and is definitely on an upward trajectory, but he needs another year like this year before I'd call him consistent.
I thoroughly disagree. I’m not a bears fan but what in the world would tell you that he wouldn’t be? He did what he did last year behind a GARAGE offensive line and play calling that at times made zero sense. If he can hit 1K yards with that, there is no reason to believe he can’t again unless you think he’s going to get hurt. I mean that’s possible but we as Cyclone fans know more than anyone it won’t because he didn’t train and do everything in his power to have his body more than ready to go. He might have some freak injury but David’s consistency has always been one of his greatest assets.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I thoroughly disagree. I’m not a bears fan but what in the world would tell you that he wouldn’t be? He did what he did last year behind a GARAGE offensive line and play calling that at times made zero sense. If he can hit 1K yards with that, there is no reason to believe he can’t again unless you think he’s going to get hurt. I mean that’s possible but we as Cyclone fans know more than anyone it won’t because he didn’t train and do everything in his power to have his body more than ready to go. He might have some freak injury but David’s consistency has always been one of his greatest assets.
The NFL is absolutely full of players who had similar "breakout" seasons and then never again lived up to it. The Bears have several of them in their history. James Allen, Rashaan Salaam, Marcus Robinson, etc. Not to mention other recent examples like Jay Ajayi or David Johnson.

I am by no means was saying that DM is not good, his performance this year was anything less than extraordinary, or that I think his production will fall off next year. I'm saying that I don't consider "consistency" part of his game just yet. Can he do it? Of course. And I think and hope he will, but this was his breakout year. We'll have to see if he can follow up

Reactions: JM4CY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The NFL is absolutely full of players who had similar "breakout" seasons and then never again lived up to it. The Bears have several of them in their history. James Allen, Rashaan Salaam, Marcus Robinson, etc. Not to mention other recent examples like Jay Ajayi or David Johnson.

I am by no means was saying that DM is not good, his performance this year was anything less than extraordinary, or that I think his production will fall off next year. I'm saying that I don't consider "consistency" part of his game just yet. Can he do it? Of course. And I think and hope he will, but this was his breakout year. We'll have to see if he can follow up
Agreed. Forgive me if I was abrasive. David is one of my all time favs and in my mind a mf’ing dude among dudes. Even if he plays for the god forsaken bears.

Reactions: Mr Janny

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I'm just happy Bears didn't end up with Wentz - not that Pace & Nagy didn't try. I really have no great insight because if Pace & Nagy weren't already lame ducks, Nagy's offseason of coaching hires/promotions hasn't exactly instilled a sense of optimism either.

- But yes, sign A-Rob already. He has been surprisingly dependable and productive no matter what terrible QB performances Bears had to endure.

- I don't think Pace would have it in him to trade for Watson, that'd be too directly admitting his epic Trubisky trade-up mistake.

- Get James Daniels healthy again, and make a splash with a veteran OT free agent signing

- Keep David in Chicago.

- Let Foles get an offseason to prepare for the first half of the season, and draft a hopeful QB to take over. I really don't know what the heck Nagy is trying for in QB style, so idk who makes sense between Jones, Trask, Lance? Just draft one so we have a promising young QB under control when a new HC takes over in 2022.

It sucks but at 20 the Bears might not be able to get anyone other than Trask and that would be a huge reach. Maybe they'll luck out and get Jones.
I guess they could trade up.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Huge Bears fan. If you get rid of Robinson, that receiving core ******* sucks. The Bears aren't paying receivers, O-line, QB, RB...no wonder this offense sucks. All of this money is going to an overpaid defense. At some point you have to score, especially in today's NFL.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Bears need to bring in as many lineman as they can and then run the bal l80% of the time.

Reactions: clone4life82

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
It's not David, it's their garbage line. Plus Nagi wasn't giving him touches until he turned play calling over to the o line coach.
^ This is so much the case. I am not even a Bears fan but I can’t count the amount of times I would want to throw the remote when Nagy would put Patterson in to run into the backs of his offensive linemen for maybe a yard.

Help Support Us

Become a patron