Be Nice to the Hawkeyes?

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
nobody should be an *******, but this person is being a lot too Pollyanna-ish. The ISU-Iowa rivalry is a pretty tame comparison compared to some of the others like Alabama-Auburn (destroying their trees!).

Next they'll want us to stop playing the game and just give both teams a blue ribbon :rolleyes:

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
disagree strongly. It is my concept of rivalries - GT & UGA hate each other, Auburn and Bama hate each other, Oregon and Oregon st hate each other, UCLA and USC hate each other, etc.

oskyclone

Apr 13, 2006
Altoona
The last sentence says we are all Iowans, isn't the joke about Iowa is that they are all yuppies from the burbs of chi-town?

Fat fingers on a phone. Edit.

Last edited:

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I agree, it is stupid to stoop to the level of some Hawk fans. After all, for the most part we are Iowans, we all live in the same state, or at least have a connection to it. After all, it is just a game. Yes, I would like the Clones to win, again, but I will not need to visit a therapist if ISU fails to win. Go to the game, cheer for your team, win or loose, don't be an idiot fan that ruins someone's day. Both fan bases have a few morons, and the heavy drinking does not help.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
I think there can be a respectful rivalry between two knowledgeable fan bases, the only issue is that Iowa's fan base is a bunch of dumb, white trash asshats. So that pretty much eliminates the possibility.

I will say that I don't like the "**** Iowa" shirts, but that has mostly come about since I have kids. I do think it reflects somewhat poorly on our fanbase because we truly are better and smarter fans than the Hawkeyes and can prove it without stooping to throwing **** back and forth.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
As Sirius Black says, "You are judged by how you treat those of lower status than you."

Or something like that

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I agree, it is stupid to stoop to the level of some Hawk fans. After all, for the most part we are Iowans, we all live in the same state, or at least have a connection to it. After all, it is just a game. Yes, I would like the Clones to win, again, but I will not need to visit a therapist if ISU fails to win. Go to the game, cheer for your team, win or loose, don't be an idiot fan that ruins someone's day. Both fan bases have a few morons, and the heavy drinking does not help.

Don't loose though. Seriously, avoid loosing.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I hate Iowa and their white trash fans.

It's interesting that you post this statement because for me the hate is totally directed at their mouth-breathing, trailer-living, belly HAWKEYES tattoo having, Mountain Dew sippy-cup drinking, Metrodome ****ter sex having, home-made tigerhawk garage door painting, pan-handling, burger-flipping turds for fans.

I love the U of I. Great school, nice campus. Hell, I almost went there. I also have many great UI grad friends and associates. But their t-shirt fans are the worst. Absolutely the worst PsOS ever.

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
I've been to many road games over the years, and always appreciate been treated with respect. I've even been to a Texas v Texas A&M game (I thought the dynamic was very similar to ours, only on a larger scale). The times I've been to Iowa City have been generally pleasant reguarding inter-fan relations. My advice is to treat our visitors well, you'll appreciate it more once you go on a few road trips. FYI, best places I've been as a visiter are Columbia (twice) and Collage Station (three times), too bad they're gone now. Worst fans: Nebraska and Alabama (by far!).

CloneJob

Jan 10, 2009
Ankeny
I'd say be respectful.. even though in many cases they don't deserve respect. The fan base is slowly shifting ISU's direction because ISU fans have class. Unlike Jon Miller's assessment, I could see a day when the state of Iowa has more ISU fans and Hocs.