Baylor thread

bigdaddykane

Mar 3, 2014
Texas just isn't the midwest. I can't explain why folks don't come out and support these kids... If work allowed I'd be at every game... why those that could do that don't? I have no idea....but it pisses me off.
i understad some schools dont travel well. if ur a baylor fan why dont you go to a baylor forum

isulive2train

Feb 24, 2009
Ciclón Nación
Didn't see that many highlighters in the crowd. Maybe the team and staff put it to 500 juuuuust barely. Would have been tougher if you guys still had Greiner. Hated that guy!

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
i understad some schools dont travel well. if ur a baylor fan why dont you go to a baylor forum

I do... I'm on Baylorfans all the time. Sometimes it's good to get someone else's perspective.

I like ISU's basketball team alot...just as a fan... probably my second favorite team in the NCAA. I like the coach, the players, the style and I respect the way you guys show up and support the team.

I see alot of similarites for us in that we aren't the real blue bloods and were both just about left without a chair a couple of years ago thanks to aggy and Misery. I'm really glad we both survived that and that both schools are committed to not just surviving but excelling in the Big XII. CF is a good forum with mostly knowledgeable people. and often it's really funny.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I do... I'm on Baylorfans all the time. Sometimes it's good to get someone else's perspective.

I like ISU's basketball team alot...just as a fan... probably my second favorite team in the NCAA. I like the coach, the players, the style and I respect the way you guys show up and support the team.

I see alot of similarites for us in that we aren't the real blue bloods and were both just about left without a chair a couple of years ago thanks to aggy and Misery. I'm really glad we both survived that and that both schools are committed to not just surviving but excelling in the Big XII. CF is a good forum with mostly knowledgeable people. and often it's really funny.

I thought you were going away for the night.... Go... and take your lack of fan support and timeout happy coach with you.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
why'd we delete the "stay murdery" comment, it was as real as the floods they're mocking

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I posted this on another thread, but it probably belongs here more...just some stuff to think about when you sober up.

Ames to KC is the same as Houston to Waco.

Waco to KC is almost 700 miles.

Baylor is a Private School with 11,000 undergraduates and we sucked as bad in football for the 15 years before Briles as you guys struggled this year. Every unaffiliated Central Texas football fan goes to Walmart and buys Texas or Aggy gear. Baylor only gets Baylor people.

Last year we averaged more in attendance than Floyd Casey seats without the South End Zone seats. For the new stadium next year, all tickets are already sold. No tickets are left for the public to buy until the visitors send tickets back in July.

by percentage of students, for Texas and Aggy to average the same attendance we do, they would have to average 150,000 - 200,000 per game.

No one noticed the South End Zone until some ******* had the bright idea to cover it with a tarp and draw attention to it.

Starting next year, if Briles can continue to produce, which I absolutely expect him to, Baylor football will be the hottest ticket in Texas for as long as BU keeps winning.... Add to that the most spectacular tailgating experience in the Big XII... Everything attendance wise is looking up in Waco... at least in football...

I agree on Briles. Excellent coach and offensive mind.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I don't think Mel was saying anything bad about the Baylor support. I am sure he is aware that Waco is a lot further away. Probably would have been better to say something like it was a great home court atmosphere. The crowd was a sea of cardinal and gold. Baylor fans needed something to whine about. Maybe they can call a time out?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I like how they keep saying "we brought 40k to the elite 8 in Houston!" Duh. It's the Elite 8. You're going to get big numbers no matter what when you're that close to a national title. But the Big 12 doesn't care about that. They care that there's butts in the seats for the conference tourney. And until the Texas schools can show that they care half as much as the Big 8 schools and realize there's more than just spring football going on in March, it won't change.

I feel worse for WVU fans. Good basketball fans that have to drive a billion miles for the tourney.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
Yeah, Baylor fans ***** and moan about the tournament not coming down to Dallas/OKC- saying its an unfair advantage for the northern schools that really turn out for this tournament. Isn't this the same thing when the B12 took away the championship football game from KC? If the B12 would ever get back up to 12 and have a championship game you are stupid and naive to think it will ever be at a place other than Jerry World.

The south has football, the north has basketball.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'm OK for rotating it to OKC once in a while but Dallas proved to be a crap site. Downtown Dallas is the most dead city I've ever visited. Even DesMoines and Omaha look lively and vibrant on the weekends in comparison. I was shocked when I went there for business one weekend a few years ago, figured it'd be a fun city, no.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
I've seen more Baylor WBB fans in KC tourneys in the past than there was there last night for the boys. I know a lot of fans would go, me concluded, if both men's and women's were playing same place same week. For the far away schools it is just a hard expense to justify planes, hotels, and time off work with the chance you could see one game and be done. At least with both there, you have a chance of playing on the weekend.

Althetuna

Ducky was the best dog.
SuperFanatic
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area
My family sat five rows behind the Baylor bench. There were Baylor fans all around us. They were a first class group of people. They all were truely good people. Absolutely no complaints with Baylor fans. Top notch in my book.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
Went to the football game in Waco in October (was treated great by all the fans).

Went to the basketball game in Waco last week. It was their senior night, sending off Jefferson, Heslip who have been instrumental in their recent success. The arena wasn't even half full. Pretty embarrassing turnout, especially on senior night. I actually stayed around and watched their senior stuff, pretty cool for those guys. Just a shame more Baylor fans weren't there.

So moving the tournament to Dallas would just **** off KU/KSU/ISU fans since they have to travel farther. Baylor/UT/Tech/TCU would not be a large increase. Your naive if you think it would be a big change. The fact that KC is such a great city coupled with the best fan bases are all very close, why would you ever move it from there?

Unless the Big 12 doesn't want to make money/excitement for their tourney, I guess.