Baylor thread

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
People must not remember when the big 12 tourney was played down south in Dallas/OKC. And the Texas/Oklahoma schools STILL didn't represent. You guys do a great job at football support, but for some reason people just don't get as excited in droves about bball like they do up here.

I'll agree it's a bit of an unfair advantage for KU/KSU/ISU to be that close to the tourney site, but they're the only ones that consistently bring fan support so it looks better for the conference...

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I applaud Baylor. You can't expect a big turnout when so many isu fans are in the area.
Baylor played great to close the year and I hope they get a few more wins. Dunk city 2.0 on the hawks would be great.
Drew lost the game for Baylor. Lack o adjustments to close the game and wasting a couple timeouts foolishly early in the game. Drew gonna drew.

Last edited:

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
I applaud Baylor. You can't expect a big turnout when so many isu fans are in the area.
Baylor played great to close the year and I hope they get a few more wins. Dunk city 2.0 on the hawks would be great.
Drew lost the game for Baylor. Lack o adjustments to close the game and wasting a couple timeouts foolishly early in the game. Drew go an drew.

agree with 75% of this State. Drew wasted 1 timeout. Every other one is one I would have called as well, and none of them had an affect on the game. you guys just made shots down the stretch and we didn't.

Two really good teams playing hard... one wins and one doesn't. Congrats to the Clones... you guys may have the most versatile team in the NCAA.

halaleezy

Aug 10, 2010
I have no issue with the tourney being in KC. It seems like a great atmosphere with a lot of entertainment options. And you guys and the Kansas schools show out for sure. I'd like to make it up there in the next couple of years. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to it rotating some.

And it's not outrageous to say we'd draw better in Dallas. More of our fanbase lives in Dallas than Waco.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I have no issue with the tourney being in KC. It seems like a great atmosphere with a lot of entertainment options. And you guys and the Kansas schools show out for sure. I'd like to make it up there in the next couple of years. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to it rotating some.

And it's not outrageous to say we'd draw better in Dallas. More of our fanbase lives in Dallas than Waco.

It shouldn't rotate to Dallas until the south schools support their bball programs during the regular season.

halaleezy

Aug 10, 2010
Totally fine with that. Even an OKC/KC rotation wouldn't bug me. Although I still don't like that we're giving $$ to the state of Missouri after what Mizzou did to the Big 12.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
South teams need to start selling out your arenas consistently before one can co sided moving the tourney somewhere else occasionally.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006

First off props on the title IX joke that was good. If there really were 1000 fans there I would be impressed. It didn't look like it on tv. The problem with outing the tourney in Texas or OKC is no Texas fan bases travels as well as ISU, KU, or Kstate, throw in OU and OSU having a respectable showing and you have to realize why KC is the beat choice.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Totally fine with that. Even an OKC/KC rotation wouldn't bug me. Although I still don't like that we're giving $$ to the state of Missouri after what Mizzou did to the Big 12.
Fair point on the Missouri thing.
Isu had a huge turnout today, but the KSU game was split at best and jayhawk fans outnumbered us about 65-35 the next game

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Eh, the whole 'state of missouri' thing is a bit overblown. Kansas City is more of a big 12 city than it ever could have been a mizzou city, with KU just minutes away and KSU\ISU mere hours away.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
The thing is Kansas City isn't a Missouri (school not state) town, it is a big 12 town. They treat us so well when the tourney is in town, you really should go.

halaleezy

Aug 10, 2010
Alright guys, it's late on the East Coast. Congrats again on your big win. I hope we see you again in the Tourney. It would be a great game. Make some (harmless) bad decisions tonight.

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
45,000 Baylor fans 1000 Dookies and 5-6,000 unaffiliated at Reliant Stadium in Houston for the 2010 Elite Eight game between Baylor and eventual National Champion Duke....this one went right down to the wire with Duke eventually winning by 6 thanks in large part to a controversial Block/Charge call with 4 minutes left that SHOCKER went Dukes way.

6084811.jpeg

bigdaddykane

Mar 3, 2014
45,000 Baylor fans 1000 Dookies and 5-6,000 unaffiliated at Reliant Stadium in Houston for the 2010 Elite Eight game between Baylor and eventual National Champion Duke....this one went right down to the wire with Duke eventually winning by 6 thanks in large part to a controversial Block/Charge call with 4 minutes left that SHOCKER went Dukes way.

View attachment 25591
where were thos 45000 "fans" all year

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
I posted this on another thread, but it probably belongs here more...just some stuff to think about when you sober up.

Ames to KC is the same as Houston to Waco.

Waco to KC is almost 700 miles.

Baylor is a Private School with 11,000 undergraduates and we sucked as bad in football for the 15 years before Briles as you guys struggled this year. Every unaffiliated Central Texas football fan goes to Walmart and buys Texas or Aggy gear. Baylor only gets Baylor people.

Last year we averaged more in attendance than Floyd Casey seats without the South End Zone seats. For the new stadium next year, all tickets are already sold. No tickets are left for the public to buy until the visitors send tickets back in July.

by percentage of students, for Texas and Aggy to average the same attendance we do, they would have to average 150,000 - 200,000 per game.

No one noticed the South End Zone until some ******* had the bright idea to cover it with a tarp and draw attention to it.

Starting next year, if Briles can continue to produce, which I absolutely expect him to, Baylor football will be the hottest ticket in Texas for as long as BU keeps winning.... Add to that the most spectacular tailgating experience in the Big XII... Everything attendance wise is looking up in Waco... at least in football...

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
There appeared to be as many cyclone fans left in the arena last night as there were BU/UT fans for their game.

Butt hurt Baylor fans need to realize that a 40-1 ratio of ISU to Baylor fans MEANS you guys really didn't have anyone in the GD arena.