Baylor players injured

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Yikes.

Damn, must have been one hell of a collision. I hate seeing players injured. Nothing to mess around with when the only treatment is avoiding risky activities.

https://www.swishappeal.com/ncaa/20...ut-indefinitely-spinal-cord-injury-moon-ursin

Richards’ official diagnosis is a Spinal Cord Injury Without Radiographic Abnormality (SCIWORA) and she is temporarily impaired, which means her level of functioning is significantly different than what it would be normally. However, Richards did not break anything and other adults with the same injury tend to recover quickly.​
A return to basketball could be complicated by the fact that re-injury is hard to avoid and there aren’t specific ways to treat SCIWORA.​

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Damn. No injury should be taken lightly, but spinal cord injuries should really be handled carefully. I hope she recovers completely and makes the best decision for herself. Didi is tenacious on the court and was fun to watch.

Reactions: acoustimac

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I agree with the above. Well basketball is a passion they have a life to live after college and after basketball. Need to take the utmost caution here.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
“Temporary impairment”. Who came up with that gem.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Even though she is a tough defender (and we have to play Baylor twice) I hope she recovers and makes the best choice for the rest of her life. I gained a ton of respect for her in the way she acted after the foul in their last game against us. She did not complain or make a scene she knew she had fouled and took it like a player should when they foul. You can tell she was sad but I respect the way she handled it.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Didi is probably my all-time favorite Baylor player. Of course there wasn't exactly strong competition for it. She is hard not to like. Unlike her coach. My thoughts and prayers are with her for a full recovery.