Baylor Line

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyGOLFR

Nov 8, 2010
Not only are they now better than us, they now have better traditions!!

Who wouldn't wanna run onto Jack Trice and get all jacked up waiting for the team to come out??

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Baylor line is one of the dumbest things ever. Just screams high school.

But hey, the announcer said it was a big name football atmosphere... Never mind that half the crowd is half OU.

Last edited:

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
Pretty amazing how one hire (Briles) can totally transform a program.

I wouldn't mind being in their shoes for a bit....

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
I don't get the hate for Baylor.

I am a HUGE fan for them this year. They aren't a powerhouse, and really give the "smaller" schools hope and a blueprint. Also, one of the most fun teams to watch. I hope they end up in the NC game, although I am not holding my breath.

You can tell their players enjoy playing, their coaches are very intense and they TRY TO SCORE EVERY PLAY.

Obviously, we aren't Baylor as they completely destroyed us, but from a recruiting standpoint, they aren't 64 points better than us. Its because they play like they want to win.

We play to soften the blow. We don't try to score often, its pretty easy to tell with our zone reads. We consider a play successful if it gains 4-5 yards. Its the mindset, we need to really change the way our offense plays. And as you saw last night, defense feeds off offense. Improve one, and they other will improve. Baylor defense was very good last night.

With the WR's we have coming in next year, it is a perfect time to let them loose. I will be very disappointed if we don't take advantage of the Bundrage/Lazard/Montgomery threat, that is unreal and truly rivals a lot of schools. Let's use the weapons and as #84 would say "Take the top off the defense"

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Briles has done an excellent job with his offensive line and recruiting and developing some serious speed at the skill positions. They are going to be good for years to come as long as Briles stays there. He really has the ball rolling now. Hell of a coach.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
We tried gold outs for football games and people complained they didn't have any yellow clothes. Even if we did cool stuff, we wouldn't pull it off (sad)

Our "Color it Cardinal" and gold whatever are jokes because we do them every year for random games. Who wants to do a "cardinal out" for the UNI game? Pick a big game and do something for it, then publicize it like crazy.

That's why the gold outs for the KU game in basketball work. The fans know that it's a meaningful, big game. If we did a cardinal out for the Michigan game in hoops, I bet we would get a lot of people on board because they know it's a big game. But not for UNC-Wilmington, for example.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Our "Color it Cardinal" and gold whatever are jokes because we do them every year for random games. Who wants to do a "cardinal out" for the UNI game? Pick a big game and do something for it, then publicize it like crazy.

That's why the gold outs for the KU game in basketball work. The fans know that it's a meaningful, big game. If we did a cardinal out for the Michigan game in hoops, I bet we would get a lot of people on board because they know it's a big game. But not for UNC-Wilmington, for example.

It's easier to do in basketball because there are less people that need to coordinate. The problem used to be that they couldn't do it for big games because a large chunk of the crowd would be from the visiting team. I think they should try it again but it's really hard to do in the colder months because not everyone has yellow or red jackets.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I don't get the hate for Baylor.

I am a HUGE fan for them this year. They aren't a powerhouse, and really give the "smaller" schools hope and a blueprint. Also, one of the most fun teams to watch. I hope they end up in the NC game, although I am not holding my breath.

You can tell their players enjoy playing, their coaches are very intense and they TRY TO SCORE EVERY PLAY.

Obviously, we aren't Baylor as they completely destroyed us, but from a recruiting standpoint, they aren't 64 points better than us. Its because they play like they want to win.

We play to soften the blow. We don't try to score often, its pretty easy to tell with our zone reads. We consider a play successful if it gains 4-5 yards. Its the mindset, we need to really change the way our offense plays. And as you saw last night, defense feeds off offense. Improve one, and they other will improve. Baylor defense was very good last night.

With the WR's we have coming in next year, it is a perfect time to let them loose. I will be very disappointed if we don't take advantage of the Bundrage/Lazard/Montgomery threat, that is unreal and truly rivals a lot of schools. Let's use the weapons and as #84 would say "Take the top off the defense"

Did you see some of the player behavior in that game? A few bad apples spoil the batch, and Ahmad Dixon and Morton reek of classless thug. Read up a little on Seastunk and you will realize he is the same type of team cancer that those two appear to be. Now Briles is one hell of a coach, and appears to haev some reigns on these guys, but Baylor looks a little like a team I expect to be playing in Miami, FL. And that is hard to cheer for.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I think they should try it again but it's really hard to do in the colder months because not everyone has yellow or red jackets.

This is a good point. It would need to be a September game probably. I don't think they need to worry about scheduling them well in advance.

If we are 3-0 next season going into the Baylor game next fall, schedule a gold out, show off some new gold alternates that the team will wear for that game, and watch as everyone shows up in gold.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
Did you see some of the player behavior in that game? A few bad apples spoil the batch, and Ahmad Dixon and Morton reek of classless thug. Read up a little on Seastunk and you will realize he is the same type of team cancer that those two appear to be. Now Briles is one hell of a coach, and appears to haev some reigns on these guys, but Baylor looks a little like a team I expect to be playing in Miami, FL. And that is hard to cheer for.

What I saw is they play with a lot of heart, and leave it on the field. I'm not trying to argue, but what did they do? I admit I was flipping between 3 games last night, so didn't catch all of it. It appears to me that they all get along very well. They were a borderline top 25 team coming into the season, now they are fighting for a National Title, and blowing teams out in the process. It is the culture of the program, and I am not surprised they are a little cocky.

I guess I view their tactics as kids that are excited to be out there, and with a strong will to win, not classless. But, don't get me wrong, I can definitely see what your saying.

Cyclone1985

Nov 18, 2008
Grimes
This is what makes them so good, the threat of scoring on any given play. Do you know what that does to a defense? Scares the **** out of them, knowing they could get burned for an 80 yard play. Guess what this also does to the defense… makes them play deeper zones, minimal bump and run coverage, which in turn opens up the run game and shorter passes.