Bay Area Recruits

skibumspe

Oct 8, 2006
South Korea
Thought I'd throw out the latest links from Tampa/St. Pete area.

First one is a list of the top 20 bay area recruits & a blurb about where they are headed/visiting/interested. We've got commits from the #9 (George) & #16 (West) guys on the list!

Players | Home Team | Tampabay.com

Second one is confirming Adrian Golden setting up a visit to Ames, although he's got a little work to do academically to qualify.

Adrian Golden confirms visits | Home Team | Tampabay.com

Extremely excited about the way the staff has gotten this class together & looking very good. I'll get more info up as I come across it.

GO STATE!!

content.7.html

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I am sorry but we have to take chances on guys like Adrian Golden. We took a chance on Troy Davis. It works out sometimes and sometimes we don't do so good. I just think we have to take some chances. Glad to see this.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
Anybody else find it interesting that Chizik couldn't pull players from this area and it's where he is from??? More power to this coaching staff...

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Hmmm, I guess if we have the schollies we take the best out there. However, I would much rather we take Golden over Reedy. Ya, it's a risk, but if it doesn't work it doesn't work. If it does work it could be special. All of this is under the idea that Jackson isn't coming which I think there is still a slight chance of. I would give Geronimous a scholarship if we get Tim Jackson.

skibumspe

Oct 8, 2006
South Korea
This just in from the St. Pete Times on Golden:

Adrian Golden update: ISU visit not on schedule | Home Team | Tampabay.com

'Golden does not have a planned visit to Iowa State....told the Times on Thursday he would trip to the school, which has been extremely active in our area during this recruiting cycle....the Cyclones remain very interested in Golden.'

Looks like he's likely going JuCo....apparently academics are important, who knew?

As for any confusion about my reference to 'Bay Area,' it's been noted & I promise next time I will do my best to not mislead my fellow fanatics & certainly specify TAMPA BAY Area Recruits. Sorry if anyone feels cheated out of a recruiting report from the San Francisco/Oakland 'Bay Area!' :biggrin:

flinkpoyd01

Sep 27, 2009
SLC, UT
As for any confusion about my reference to 'Bay Area,' it's been noted & I promise next time I will do my best to not mislead my fellow fanatics & certainly specify TAMPA BAY Area Recruits. Sorry if anyone feels cheated out of a recruiting report from the San Francisco/Oakland 'Bay Area!' :biggrin:

Noted :jimlad:

skibumspe

Oct 8, 2006
South Korea
After a long weekend, this is the only updates on possible recruits:

Adrian Golden?s backup plan coming into focus | Home Team | Tampabay.com

Still anxious to see how things pan out for Golden, as well as Reedy & Jackson. It looks like Reedy is visiting Western Kentucky on the 29th & Jackson tripped to Vanderbilt over the weekend....although our chances are likely slim w/both, the eternal Cyclone optimism still reigns until signing day!

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
After a long weekend, this is the only updates on possible recruits:

Adrian Golden?s backup plan coming into focus | Home Team | Tampabay.com

Still anxious to see how things pan out for Golden, as well as Reedy & Jackson. It looks like Reedy is visiting Western Kentucky on the 29th & Jackson tripped to Vanderbilt over the weekend....although our chances are likely slim w/both, the eternal Cyclone optimism still reigns until signing day!

Well I guess if he goes JUCO our best bet would be that Ellsworth gets him and we are able to pick him up out of there.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Well I guess if he goes JUCO our best bet would be that Ellsworth gets him and we are able to pick him up out of there.

Is Ellsworth considered a good JuCo for football? I understand the obvious benefit for ISU if he would go there, but wondering if they are good at developing talent.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Is Ellsworth considered a good JuCo for football? I understand the obvious benefit for ISU if he would go there, but wondering if they are good at developing talent.
Didn't Derrick Thomas come from Ellsworth?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Used to be awesome. Now I think they are so-so. I had a buddy go there and he probably could have ended up at ISU as a DE or maybe interior lineman but he just lost interest in football. I know that he said it was a very different world their and they worked their ***** off. He developed well I would say based on the fact he went from not hardly playing to starting halfway through the season. In this case I hope they can develop Adrian and somehow we can pick him up.

My buddy always said that the athletes he played against were beasts. The competition level is there, it is a matter of the kids taking it seriously and looking toward the future after JUCO. Th eproblem with Golden coming here may be that by that time we are full at the RB spot if we get a couple good recruits next season and have some after that. I really see this staff moving away from JUCO guys in the next 2-3 classes. I think they have done an awesome job this year of backing up their JUCO recruits with freshman at the same position. I say in 3 years we are looking at 2-3 JUCOs instead of 6-7. At least that is my hope. JUCOs are a temporary quick fix.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
ellsworth is in iowa, yet they are 80% florida kids. Lots of speed and talent. Their QB committed to UNI and they had a WR who committed to some big time BCS school. I heard ohio state or LSU or something

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron