Batman Ozzy's 40th Anniversary

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Today marks the 40th anniversary of the infamous biting the head off a bat by Ozzy on his "Diary of a Madman" tour as it was in Des Moines this day in 1982.

There is also a story of Ozzy sniffing ants.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Today marks the 40th anniversary of the infamous biting the head off a bat by Ozzy on his "Diary of a Madman" tour as it was in Des Moines this day in 1982.

There is also a story of Ozzy sniffing ants.
What venue was he playing that night?

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
tumblr_ny4m1wRJfW1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

• Haha
Reactions: cycloner29

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
This new Batman's too serious. Batman should be campy and fun.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
What venue was he playing that night?

It was at the old Vets. My brother was at the show. Didn't even know it happened. Most of the crowd had no idea that it happened. Just thought he bit something thrown on stage. Obviously nobody thought it was a real bat because, who the hell brings a bat to a concert?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It was at the old Vets. My brother was at the show. Didn't even know it happened. Most of the crowd had no idea that it happened. Just thought he bit something thrown on stage. Obviously nobody thought it was a real bat because, who the hell brings a bat to a concert?
I assumed so but that article said 5,000 fans. I thought the Vets held more than that and would of assumed also that Ozzy would sell out that place.

Reactions: cycloner29

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Complete sidebar but I used to live next to a woman in Ames who was "dating" a sound tech guru and was roadie for a major touring company. Apparently, his specialty was his knowledge of the inner workings of the technology that live acts use when an artist needs to lip sync during a show. He showed me a mic and it was super complex and I had no idea what he was trying to explain to me but he told me that many live acts lip sync at least part of their shows but one of few that still do all their own singing was.... of course, Ozzy. Apparently, he hated the technology with a passion. This guy could of been completely full of **** but detail he gave me telling me all this at a minimum made me believe it was possible at least some of what he was telling me was true.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
It's exactly what is was. Someone brought a dead bat to the show and tossed it on stage. Ozzy just saw it and assumed it was a rubber bat and just picked it up and bit the head off as he was always expected to do outrageous stuff.
Ozzy says the moment he bit into it he realized it wasn't fake.

I read a story a few years ago about they guy that brought it. Probably on the 35th anniversary

Help Support Us

Become a patron