Basketball Television Options

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
So this is my first year in eastern Iowa with both DirectTV and CenturyLink. In the past I've lived in Central Iowa and have had no problem getting most games on ABC5 or Mediacom when we still subscribed to their service.

For those of you in Eastern Iowa, do any of the local channels regularly cover Iowa State games? If not, has anyone purchased ESPN Full Court before? Does that pick up most Iowa State games? Are many blacked out?

Just trying to figure out my best option to catch as many games as possible-- any advice would be appreciated.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
For those of you in Eastern Iowa, do any of the local channels regularly cover Iowa State games? If not, has anyone purchased ESPN Full Court before? Does that pick up most Iowa State games? Are many blacked out?

Last year's schedule to see how many are on ESPN FC:

Basketball (M) - Schedule - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports

Pretty sure if you buy the package there is no black outs on it. You are paying to have access to all the games.

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
On CenturyLink's facebook page they say they are negotiating with ESPN3 right now. I'm having a hard time deciding if I should just get FC or wait and see what happens.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
On CenturyLink's facebook page they say they are negotiating with ESPN3 right now. I'm having a hard time deciding if I should just get FC or wait and see what happens.

Interesting. Looks like FC picks up conference games, for the most part, so it might be worth waiting a while.

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
A lot of games were on the Mediacom Connections channel, as well (Ch. 22). I'd check that, as well. I caught a fairly high percentage of games on there last year.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Here are the games that ESPN3 will have (I believe this is also ESPN Full Court)

Lehigh
Prairie View A&M
Iowa
Central Michigan
Lipscomb
Mississippi Valley State
Texas A&M (1/4/2012)
Mizzou (1/11)
Kansas (1/14)
Tech (1/21) - also on ESPN2
Kansas (1/28)
OK State (2/7) - also on ESPN2
A&M (2/11)
OU (2/18)
Kansas State (2/29)
Mizzou (2/25)

4 conference games do not have TV times listed on ESPN yet (they may be listed on Cyclones.com) and 4 conference games will be on ESPNU, those games are:

Texas (1/4)
OK State (1/18)
Baylor (2/13)
Tech (2/22)