Basketball Season to Start Nov. 25

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Agreed. I'll also be surprised if the season finishes - having hundreds of teams play each other indoors during flu season is going to be interesting... Anticipating a lot of canceled games.
Not to derail, but I don’t see how this isn’t the weakest flu season in the last 50 years. Flu is not nearly as contagious as the China virus and everyone is wearing masks and washing hands. Plus more people than usual will likely get the flu shot.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Not to derail, but I don’t see how this isn’t the weakest flu season in the last 50 years. Flu is not nearly as contagious as the China virus and everyone is wearing masks and washing hands. Plus more people than usual will likely get the flu shot.

I think it will be interesting to see how this plays out as well

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

tenor.gif

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA

you haven’t been out and about much if you think everyone is wearing masks and washing their hands

cjclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 22, 2006
I will have to see how well my Covid vaccination works, then I would go to games. With my luck I am a control and received saline, which I highly suspect since I have no side effects after the first one.

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa

Agree, Australia has already reported record low numbers of flu this year.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I am glad they didn't take too many preseason games away. It honestly should be easier to contain spread in basketball because are a lot less people involved. Players just need to be diligent about mask wearing and social distancing. Also wonder how many players will have gotten it before the season even starts?

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I'm assuming RS is regular season, but I am having trouble figuring out MTE. Help?
I HATE when people use acronyms that aren't common. Almost as much as I hate posters using acronyms for players/coaches (CMC, CFH, THT, BP, GN). Just type it out, it's not that hard. I get it on twitter with a character limit. I'm guessing MTE is referring to non-conference tournaments, but have no idea what it means.

• Agree
Reactions: Dormeezy