Basketball preseason predictions

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Record: 14-16 overall, assuming we play 30 games, and 5-13 Big 12
MVP: Hinson
Newcomer: Kalscheur or Brockington
Surprise Player: Kunc

I almost went exactly with what you put. I like Hinson to fill a need that we've been missing for awhile and think he could be key to our success.

My brother (ISU grad that has been living in Minny since 1980 and follows the Gophers pretty regularly) says he's curious to see which version of Gabe we get. If it's one from two years ago, we'll have a steal, but last year's version was one he wouldn't miss.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I'm a homer and an optimist so I will go big.
19-11 (8-10)
Hinson
Brockington/Hunter (too close to call)
Enaruna

Being 10th place Big 12 team, we should be paired against bottom of SEC and Big East and if we recover more than those teams, we can pick up two Ws there. Beat Iowa in Hilton, split NIT in NYC and win all of the cupcakes to go 11-1 in non-con. Big 12, we lose 3 at home but take 2 on the road to get 8 conf wins. Hilton Magic begins to rumble and stir.

Reactions: Bardman and t-noah

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Record: 16-14
MVP: Kalscheur
Newcomer: Hunter
6th man: Javan Johnson
Surprise: Kunc
DPOY: Kalscheur

I like this list. I was torn on Brock or Kal for MVP(even entertained Hunter but freshman and all). I think Brock might have a little more “star power” while Kal might be more rounded overall.

Reactions: CyPunch

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
16-15 (5-13) Win 1 in Big XII Tourney, win 1 in NIT (post season)
MVP: Hunter
Newcomer: Brockington
Surprise: Walker

Themes for season: Scrappy defense, ability to run on positive side - lulls in scoring get them too deep in the hole in Big XII games.

Key wins: 1 in Preseason NIT, Iowa, SEC challenge, an upset in Big XII at home (KU or Texas or Baylor).

Reactions: Cyclonepride

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Record: 17-13 (9-9)
Newcomer: Enaruna
Surprise Player: Conditt IV

I mean I like this too. Especially hearing TJ talk about how he wanted to use Conditt. Sounded like he planned on using him to his strength which Prohm got away from. I think he’s also banking on Green helping develop him as a rim protector as well(and Foster too).

Talent wise I agree with Hunter and Enaruna completely. And if they live up to the talent Immediately, we are knocking on the tournament door. I just don’t know if they are there yet.

I’m glad I’m excited for basketball again.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
  • Record: 13-17 (5-13)
  • MVP: Brockington
  • Newcomer: Hunter
  • Surprise player: Kunc
Record: 16-14
MVP: Kalscheur
Newcomer: Hunter
6th man: Javan Johnson
Surprise: Kunc
DPOY: Kalscheur

Record: 13-17 (6-12)
Newcomer: Hinson
6th man: Kunc
Surprise: Enaruna
DPOY: Brockington
So many ways this could go! If we find the right starting 5 and a contributing bench, 15-15, or even 16-14 very possible. Should be fun.

Reactions: Bardman