Basketball Players Roommates

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I roomed with a guy that brought heroin into our room. I narked on him and he got kicked out. Had my own dorm for the rest of the year. Turns out he went to rehab, became a born-again Christian and is training to become a pastor in South Dakota. #coolstorybro
My freshman year roommate dropped out of school but never told ISU so they thought he was still there. I had the room to myself almost all year. It was amazing.

Reactions: Cyke

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
OP's vehicle
free-candy.jpg

I see your free candy and raise you a rap van:
rapVan.jpg

Reactions: jcyclonee

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
A lot of the football team lived in Storms when I did. One of them tore the water fountain out of the wall on the first floor. Good times imploded.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
This might be the creepiest post, and probably isn't any of my business, BUT I was interested so I figured I would ask. Does anybody know who lives with who on the team? I know Monte and Donovan were together last year, and Matt and Naz as well. I'm just interested, and bored waiting for all of this transfer stuff to get figured out.

Also, I expect to get a couple posts saying this is the creepiest thread ever.

Nah, THIS is creepy..............
images

Reactions: jcyclonee

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I roomed with a guy that brought heroin into our room. I narked on him and he got kicked out. Had my own dorm for the rest of the year. Turns out he went to rehab, became a born-again Christian and is training to become a pastor in South Dakota. #coolstorybro

You could have been killed. No way am I narcing on a heroin user.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I swear this was my roommate sophomore year............
images

So I went to ISU after JUCO and even though I had a bunch of HS friends down there, I decided late and figured it'd be okay to live in Freddy and meet some new people. I met a few, a couple girls, but my roomates were something else. All four were engineer students. Not like the smart cool ones who you couldn't figure out how they partied like that and still managed an engineering curriculum. These were the types who would play video games all the way through the night when they first came out. One was actually a really good dude who you could talk to about sports and he'd have friends over and was pretty normal. The other two rarely had any friends at our place. One of those guys was a really passive aggressive ****. The other was a nice guy but we had nothing in common. If a girl stayed at our place I got a look and to this day I don't know if it was a look saying "You're a heathen" or "you're a God." Likely heathen since it wasn't exactly Jessica Simpson we're talking about here.

Anyway, we all brought a few plates and silverware and what have you. I figure we all share a kitchen, I do basically everyone's dishes, it makes sense that we don't really segregate dishware. So for a couple weeks, I'm just using whatever not paying attention. Well, one day, about a third of it has moved. Now, this guy has already been a condescending jerk to me so I use his plate and a fork. The next day, I come back to the room, go to eat something and open the cabinet to see a note that says, "XXXXXXs stuff, no touchy." The good thing was, since I hate passive aggressiveness, threw his stuff in his room with a note that said "The common areas of the apartment are not for private items" I also had to do that with dirty dishes because he evidently was real worried about our germs but not stuff growing on dirty dishes. I also suspect he's the ******* that would always turn the thermostat to 75 but I was never able to catch him. The other 3 of us complained about it so it had to be him. About halfway through the year I spent every weekend on a buddies futon. What kind of 20 year old says "no touchy?"

EnkAMania

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 31, 2013
Seattle
My roommate was Mitch Cumstein. He went for four years. Did pretty well. At the end of his four years, his last semester, he was kicked out. You know what for? He was night-putting. Just putting at night...with the 15-year-old daughter of the Dean.

• Informative
Reactions: CloneGuy8

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
My roommate was Mitch Cumstein. He went for four years. Did pretty well. At the end of his four years, his last semester, he was kicked out. You know what for? He was night-putting. Just putting at night...with the 15-year-old daughter of the Dean.

I thought this story was going in a different direction after reading the name...

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I don't feel bad for him at all. He knows the majority of posters are just giving him a raft of crap. This poster included.
I agree. OP knew that stating this was creepy would bring this out. I fully believe that he totally realizes exactly how funny the CF community is.(?)
How-to-Be-Funny.gif

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone