Basabe

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Basabe seems to be the real deal. I wonder how Fran found him and got him to commit to Siena?

I agree that it will be interesting to see how he reacts to losing. Maybe the same bug can be put in his ear by whoever was talking to Wes J.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
I'm curious about this, too. I wonder if Iowa has any transfers after this year. Player retention will go a long way toward getting that program back on track.

Keeping players will be key, and while nothing is a given I would think that Basabe is one of the guys that Hawkeye fans won't need to worry about. Considering he committed to Fran at Siena & then came with him when he took the Iowa job he seems to be pretty solidly committed to his coach.

CYlent Bob

Aug 7, 2006
The Winterset Metroplex
Basabe seems to be the real deal. I wonder how Fran found him and got him to commit to Siena?

I agree that it will be interesting to see how he reacts to losing. Maybe the same bug can be put in his ear by whoever was talking to Wes J.

Or, Fran could hire Chewbacca to be his "Player Retention & Development Consultant". That should get Basabe's bags packed within 24 hours.

nileo

Apr 29, 2010
Grimes
he should be solid for the Hawks. he is the most athletic player they have had in a while. He will have a good career for Iowa.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I thought is was Tonto's friend, Kemasabe

Ok, let's make a list of potential names

Basabe
Wasabi
CYBobby
Kemosabe
HobbyLobby
Kohlrabi
Abu Dhabi
Darryl

Any others?

Reactions: JBone84

CloneState1028

Jan 21, 2008
Ames, IA via Cedar Rapids
I'd take Melvin over Melsahn because they're relatively similar in stature and Melvin is more well-rounded (perimeter play as well as some post moves). That said, Melvin will be damn good and so will Melsahn.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
He's very good. I think our bigs will shut him down no problem next year.