Barta Extended!

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Back to the question at hand...what is Barta doing to help out in terms of cost savings? Or is it the same stick your head in the sand attitude that he displays towards any problem/issue? Better yet, is he planning on what to do if that $50M BIG check doesn't clear next year? I guarantee you that Pollard is already planning on what to do if the Big 12 check bounces.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
How about giving me your take on "orange"?

What I figured. Most hawkeye fans are clueless to the reference. The brands are from Sheldon. They call themselves the Orabs, to they don’t have to say their whole nickname, The orange and blacks. Which some outsider just call them the oranges.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
What I figured. Most hawkeye fans are clueless to the reference. The brands are from Sheldon. They call themselves the Orabs, to they don’t have to say their whole nickname, The orange and blacks. Which some outsider just call them the oranges.

Hahaha.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Yeah, pretty cool that he wants the NCAA to recognize the top 8 seeds in all of the weight classes as All Americans. Tan Ryan agrees.

“If you can’t wrestle the tournament, which you can’t … and if you’re not going to get eligibility back, which it doesn’t sound good … they have to honor the all-Americans,” Brands says. “They have to name them.”
FFS. Should that be done for basketball. Women's softball? Track? Or pretend like Coach is a grown ass man and stop whining. It seems like you are opposed to your coach acting adult like. That is a you thing.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
FFS. Should that be done for basketball. Women's softball? Track? Or pretend like Coach is a grown ass man and stop whining. It seems like you are opposed to your coach acting adult like. That is a you thing.

Nah, big fan of our coach. He knows that the current situation is bigger than sports and agreed with cancelling NCAAs, feels bad for his guys who were overwhelming favorites to win it all but won't get the opportunity, and thinks all wrestlers who earned a top-8 seed should get AA status. Spot on.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Nah, big fan of our coach. He knows that the current situation is bigger than sports and agreed with cancelling NCAAs, feels bad for his guys who were overwhelming favorites to win it all but won't get the opportunity, and thinks all wrestlers who earned a top-8 seed should get AA status. Spot on.
You are right he whines an awful lot.

He is also creating a huge problem for the NCAA. If they start making those moves for certain athletes but not others it is a huge potential legal issue. I know you and Barta support inequity and subordinating certain classes of humans.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

He is also creating a huge problem for the NCAA. If they start making those moves for certain athletes but not others it is a huge potential legal issue. I know you and Barta support inequity and subordinating certain classes of humans.

Whoa.

That's a f***** up thing to say.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Whoa.

That's a f***** up thing to say.
It is even worse that it is true. Right?
-Body of work Barta.
-We all know Brands issues and it is not even worth a debate.
-Now whining and wanting special treatment certain athletes.

NCAA swimming(men and women) had their seeds out before cancelling championship etc. You want special rules for wrestling affording them awards that you aren't advocating for all athletes.

Yeah it really is ****** up you think it is ok Body of Work Gary and Brands are lobbying for special treatment. This entire thing is bigger than Iowa missing out on a few awards. I encourage they run this dog...it will make Iowa look like pathetic whiners to fit perfectly with the narrative out of twitter and your mens basketball teams awful look regarding Luka and his awards.

#bebetter

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
It is even worse that it is true. Right?
-Body of work Barta.
-We all know Brands issues and it is not even worth a debate.
-Now whining and wanting special treatment certain athletes.

NCAA swimming(men and women) had their seeds out before cancelling championship etc. You want special rules for wrestling affording them awards that you aren't advocating for all athletes.

Yeah it really is ****** up you think it is ok Body of Work Gary and Brands are lobbying for special treatment. This entire thing is bigger than Iowa missing out on a few awards. I encourage they run this dog...it will make Iowa look like pathetic whiners to fit perfectly with the narrative out of twitter and your mens basketball teams awful look regarding Luka and his awards.

#bebetter

You saying that I "support inequity and subordinating certain classes of humans" is f***** up. You know nothing about me.

It's a shame. I always thought you were a fun poster who didn't take this stuff too seriously, I enjoyed the banter.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You saying that I "support inequity and subordinating certain classes of humans" is f***** up. You know nothing about me.

It's a shame. I always thought you were a fun poster who didn't take this stuff too seriously, I enjoyed the banter.

If you pay your daughters schooling, check her account. Son has money there now. Just need to figure out how to get it out. That’s a new thing for me.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Barta's past actions lead most to believe you may have a point where he is concerned.

OTOH, Gonzo is a passionate fan who occasionally dons the rosy glasses and digs in his heels, but for the most part is pretty level headed. I think you were a little off the mark with that part.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
If you pay your daughters schooling, check her account. Son has money there now. Just need to figure out how to get it out. That’s a new thing for me.

Discounts have been applied to U-bill? I read that balances would be DD into whatever account the student has on file with ISU. I'm not expecting getting anything back, but hoping the last installment will be a solidly reduced payment.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Barta's past actions lead most to believe you may have a point where he is concerned.

OTOH, Gonzo is a passionate fan who occasionally dons the rosy glasses and digs in his heels, but for the most part is pretty level headed. I think you were a little off the mark with that part.
I know Gonzo is a good dude. He is being a doucher about this topic so I am ******* with him.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Check my post history regarding Barta and it'll be pretty clear pretty quickly that I've never been a fan.

And thanks. I may have to go back to sticking to food, movie, music, and politics threads.