Bars open on Welch

cycloneryan

May 21, 2006
Des Moines
So with the grim weather report out there, does anyone know if any of the bars on Welch are open before the game? May be a little nicer than huddling under the tailgate tent to avoid getting drenched.

cycloneryan

May 21, 2006
Des Moines
It is not going to rain until late afternoon.

• Friday Night Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 52. Southeast wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
  • Saturday Showers and thunderstorms. High near 74. Breezy, with a south wind 13 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Hourly Weather Forecast for 50014 - weather.com

these hours are for saturday morning... looks like by 10/11 that the chance of rain is only around 20%

Right. They can't predict the weather that accurately for the rest of today let alone two days from now.

So, back to the OP. A couple years ago we tried to find a bar on Welch before an 11AM game and couldn't find any. Ended up at Legends:( Last year I think we went to BWW for one of the early games. Not a whole lot better than Legends but...

Cyked15

Jan 27, 2012
Charlie yokes. Formerly headliners. Formerly papas corner. Formerly people's. they added TVs this year and its an awesome bar now. They will be open. That said. Don't be a ****

Cyked15

Jan 27, 2012
Calling Charlie Yokes an awesome bar is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit of a stretch.
And what would be your bar of choice on welch ? I've been going to welch bars since 05 ish so I have seen them come a long ways since then. Yokes is much improved over the last two. It's no people's but its getting better. The best part is that not everyone goes there. Like a paddys or sips. And it's not full of frat dbags like Cys.

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
And what would be your bar of choice on welch ? I've been going to welch bars since 05 ish so I have seen them come a long ways since then. Yokes is much improved over the last two. It's no people's but its getting better. The best part is that not everyone goes there. Like a paddys or sips. And it's not full of frat dbags like Cys.

I get to all the bars, but Es Tas is probably my favorite for watching football. I'm assuming you haven't been to Charlie Yokes for the last couple mug nights because it's been as packed, if not more so, as everywhere else.

Cyked15

Jan 27, 2012
I agree yokes can be packed on mug night. But usually it's not bad. They need a different bar setup but I far prefer the open space there while its packed opposed to sips or paddys on mug night.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

You laugh at the frat Dbags but they often attract promiscuous women. It's a give and take sort of thing.

Cyked15

Jan 27, 2012
You laugh at the frat Dbags but they often attract promiscuous women. It's a give and take sort of thing.

I take it non frat guys can't ? Who made that rule? No offense to you frat man, but I can hold my own.

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
the good thing about not being in a frat is once the sorority girls hit junior year

they're so sick of frats