Bars in the Ozarks

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Bumpin this thread.

First time headed to the Ozarks this weekend. Gators still a good bar?

We have around 20 people I believe for a bachelor party so we are renting two boats for Saturday. Golfing early Friday AM and not sure what the plan is for that afternoon.

ProhmTime

Jun 11, 2015
Bumpin this thread.

We have around 20 people I believe for a bachelor party so we are renting two boats for Saturday. Golfing early Friday AM and not sure what the plan is for that afternoon.
If you're close to Gravois Arm go to Coconuts! Place is always a good time. Do a shot-ski for me!

Shady Gators is still good for sure. Frankie and Louie's is always good too if you're around the 10MM. Captain Ron's, Big Dicks (gotta shoot the minnow) and Bulldogs aren't bad restaurants/bars up on 30+MM

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Bumpin this thread.

Oh they'll love you if you pull up to party cove with two boats full of dudes.

If you are going to party cove, go early. It may not be a huge weekend, but in my experience, it's more fun to be the ones starting it, than showing up middle of the afternoon.

No matter what, Ozarks is always a great time.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
If you're close to Gravois Arm go to Coconuts! Place is always a good time. Do a shot-ski for me!

Gravois Arm is probably my favorite part of the lake. Seems like it has the quietest coves for floating, and nice set of stops. I think Jolly Rogers is up there too, nice pirate restaurant/bar, with live music.

ProhmTime

Jun 11, 2015
Gravois Arm is probably my favorite part of the lake. Seems like it has the quietest coves for floating, and nice set of stops. I think Jolly Rogers is up there too, nice pirate restaurant/bar, with live music.
Jolly Rogers is cool and I'm glad to see them doing well after the place burned to the ground a few years ago. Also, if you haven't hit the Jerk Shack in Gravois I would do so. Pretty cool Jamican style restaurant and the girls love their fruity drinks; I go there for the Red Stripe!

cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
just got back from 4 days down there, Redhead just opened up. I wasn't able to go but everyone said it was nice with a pool and swim up bar. Its at 21MM in the back of the cove to the right of the Shorty's Pants cove.

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
just got back from 4 days down there, Redhead just opened up. I wasn't able to go but everyone said it was nice with a pool and swim up bar. Its at 21MM in the back of the cove to the right of the Shorty's Pants cove.

Was at Redhead last weekend.. smaller than other places, scenery was decent, swim up bar is the best benefit.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Guess I didn't realize how huge Ozarks is. I know the place where we are staying but not the Mile Marker

isu22andy

Sep 17, 2012
Larrys on the Lake, Paradise, Dog Days are some of my personal favorite. I dont know what makes bar hopping via the water that much funner, but good god is it a blast!

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Just found out our condo is a 5 minute walk from Shady Gators. 1.5 hours away.