Bars in the Ozarks

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

TedFlintKansas

Mar 5, 2009
thetailgatesociety.com
This will be my 4th time heading to the Ozarks with a group of college friends. This year since we have grown bored of party cove, we arent getting a boat. We have decided to do a pub crawl on the Saturday we are there. What are some good bars we should hit up, wouldn't mind some personal stories since you can't really trust websites for what a bars atmosphere is like. We stay at Captian Rons in sunrise beach. So that would be our starting location. Thanks in advance for any help with our adventure.

Cheers

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
You should still get a boat. Driving to different bars will take forever. Much faster, and more enjoyable, by boat.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Just got back yesterday. I go down about 8 times a summer and have a condo and a boat. Hit up frankie and louies about anytime and it's good. Coconuts is a great daytime bar. Especially if you like eye candy. Lazy gators is also a pretty good daytime bar and has lots of eye candy. It's a little more deuchbaggy though. Toad cove at night is a pretty good spot. Topsider used to be really good but I am not sure anymore. I am getting a little old for that bar.

cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
second the boat, its a must. the one year we didn't have a boat and drove to the different bars but towards of the week said screw it and just drank on the dock at the house.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
personally, I like Lazy Gators, Jolly Rogers, Docknockers, Captain Ron's, Backwater Jacks, Big Bear, Frank and Louie's and Shorty Pants.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
We typically stay around mile 7, so kind of in the middle of them, typically head one way one day, and another way another day. Crownline.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
We typically stay around mile 7, so kind of in the middle of them, typically head one way one day, and another way another day. Crownline.

My condo is on 7 mile mark. Condo's are called Millstone. BTW Coconuts hires umm adult dancers to just come sun bathe by the pool. THey don't pay them. Just give them free drinks. Last time we went there were about 20 of them. There also about another 25 or so that were even better looking. So if you are married, wear sunglasses and have your head on a swivel.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
My condo is on 7 mile mark. Condo's are called Millstone. BTW Coconuts hires umm adult dancers to just come sun bathe by the pool. THey don't pay them. Just give them free drinks. Last time we went there were about 20 of them. There also about another 25 or so that were even better looking. So if you are married, wear sunglasses and have your head on a swivel.

Lol, wife and kids will be there!

Which side are those on?