Barkley Hill

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Tore his ACL against Bettendorf. Do we pull his offer, is he worth the trouble? Too bad for such a good kid. The Cedar Falls coaches shouldnt have run him 30-35 times a game.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I say no. How many guys do we have on the team currently that have torn their ACL's this season, I believe at least three. Do we pull their schollys? How do you not run him 30-35 times a game? He had an amazing season and got one bad hit that he got a bad injury on. That doesn't change his ability. Would you rather have us pull it, look like ******** and have him go and possibly do great in IC?

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
FacePalm.jpg

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Some teams would pull his offer. That's a legit question. I doubt very seriously we will. He'll have almost two years to recover before he's asked to do anything. He'll be fine IMO. Guys his age heal quickly.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I've heard it through the grapevine that before the injury, Hill was considering graduating in December and enrolling at Iowa State for the spring semester to be able to participate in spring ball.

I would still like to see him enroll here for the spring so the football staff can monitor his progress of rehab.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Not sure if srs.
Its not actually that dumb of a question. Some running backs never recover from a torn ACL. Running backs depend on their knees more than any other position to make cuts. I just wonder if he will ever see the field as a running back as apposed to a defensive back.

Last edited:

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Iowa currently has two recruits with torn ACL's. Pretty easy to recover from in this day and age. Definitely keep him. He's a hard worker and will be back to full strength sooner than later. He would have redshirt anyhow.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
He's a pretty good size kid and it looked like he was playing linebacker on D for Cedar Falls. If he loses a little mobility with his knee maybe linebacker is in his future at ISU.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Its not actually that dumb of a question. Some running backs never recover from a torn ACL. Running backs depend on their knees more than any other position to make cuts. I just wonder if he will ever see the field as a running back as apposed to a defensive back.

This is way more ridiculous than the original question. Hill won't ever be a DB and if he is he won't see the field. Maybe linebacker but he will not be a DB.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Iowa State players who get hurt and are on scholarship are often allowed to keep their scholarship and it doesn't count against the limit as long as they work for the team in some way.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Iowa State players who get hurt and are on scholarship are often allowed to keep their scholarship and it doesn't count against the limit as long as they work for the team in some way.

Do they have to be on campus already though? Just askin.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I don't think you want to set the precedent of pulling a guys scholly after he gets hurt, especially a local guy. You pull his offer after he committed and you've just burned at least one bridge and most likely more. HS coaches don't appreciate that and they have long memories.

Besides, if after he gets on campus it's determined he can't play anymore the school can put him on a medical leave (or whatever it's called) which allows the kid to keep the scholarship but doesn't count against the football roster.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Do they have to be on campus already though? Just askin.

I believe so. That said, it's not like ISU has never oversigned before. This would be one situation where oversigning is understandable.

I don't think this would fly though only because I'm sure Hill wants a chance to play at some point.