Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorongil Clone

Gone to Numenor
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2021
We’ll see what tomorrow brings.
Good point. We don't know the long term effects of the vaccines--resurrection or undeath is just as likely as people who believe their DNA will be re-written. I vote for undeath--would you prefer a lich or a ju ju zombie?

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
What are the shots? I know for awhile they were advertised for men also, but never checked in on that as I wasn’t interested. I would guess hormonal if they were shots, but just guessing

Progestin only, but yes, hormonal. There are implants too (non-IUD) that are also hormonal. Not sure if combo or progestin-only without googling.

• Informative
Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Progestin only, but yes, hormonal. There are implants too (non-IUD) that are also hormonal. Not sure if combo or progestin-only without googling.
The implants are in the non genital area, right? Was thinking there were some that were arm or back area. Things have definitely changed since my single days, would scare me if I was single.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
The implants are in the non genital area, right? Was thinking there were some that were arm or back area. Things have definitely changed since my single days, would scare me if I was single.

yes, primarily arm.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA

That doesn't seem to be true. This whole thing is fishy. Unless they just aren't providing all the data to the public. According to VAERS data, both the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are seeing clotting issues at the same rate, or higher rates than the J&J vaccine. This is the CDC's own data, that is publicly available.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
That doesn't seem to be true. This whole thing is fishy. Unless they just aren't providing all the data to the public. According to VAERS data, both the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are seeing clotting issues at the same rate, or higher rates than the J&J vaccine. This is the CDC's own data, that is publicly available.

I am guessing that is all blood clots not the rare one that was associated with J & J

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
If you're young, healthy and can ensure you have absolutely no interaction with people who are "vulnerable" or "high risk"

This young, healthy skip it stuff is pretty annoying when your young healthy 28 year old had Covid in November and still has days he can barely function with long haul symptoms and you have no idea if that will end.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I am guessing that is all blood clots not the rare one that was associated with J & J

That's what the Infectious Disease Dr. They have on the WGN news every morning said today. These aren't typical blood clots. Statistically, the rate of typical blood clots in vaccinated people would lead to it just being a natural occurrence, not caused by the vaccine. These blood clots showing up with J&J though are not a typical blood clot and it being only in women, it's looking like there is a possible link to the vaccine and these rare blood clots.

His hope was that they can find a link quickly and determine that maybe there are some people, weather it be genetic make up or drugs a person takes that they say, "If you are on this or have this, you cannot take the J&J"

I don't have the exact quote, but he definitely said this isn't a typical blood clot and is very likely an interaction with the vaccine.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
The blood clot of concern is a very specific kind of "brain" blood clot called CVST. It is different than DVT or other more easily treatable clots. There is also a mechanism they have been able to show for the AstraZ vaccine to enable it to happen so theory would say the same thing would be present with the J&J because it is the same technology (viral vector).

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I’ve had my first round of moderna and get the second round on Saturday. I had pretty much no symptoms (including injection site pain) for the first week after, then I had some general fatigue and painfully swollen lymph nodes in my armpit on the same side as the injection. I was fairly concerned until I saw that a good amount of people were experiencing that as well. Not looking forward to the second shot at all, but we’ll see what happens.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
yeah this is ultimately what I come back to. One woman has died and another in critical condition. All had issues within two weeks of the vaccine. Maybe they were all pregnant or newly postpartum or on hormonal birth control plus being current/former smokers- something that reduces it from 1 in a million to a much smaller subset. With the amount of attention and many with vaccine hesitation, I think it's the right call to pause to learn more.

Definitely better safe than sorry.
I mean, those who won't get vaccinated are too dumb and stubborn to get the point, but it helps people who actually think about things, and maybe it avoids a pretty serious problem for some serious people. I'm in favor of that.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Rumor floating was that ref in the tourney had just gotten vac’d. Saying rumor since just what floating around and hadn’t seen anything for certain. Anyone know?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Rumor floating was that ref in the tourney had just gotten vac’d. Saying rumor since just what floating around and hadn’t seen anything for certain. Anyone know?

I know it was in the lungs and these are different I think.

• Informative
Reactions: BCClone

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
He had Covid back in August. Researchers are finding that there is an increase in pulmonary emboli with people that had Covid but timeline and overall risk has not been worked out yet. The article I read about his fall didn’t say anything about him being vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.