Vaccine reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Got my second dose of Pfizer on Thursday and was completely wrecked all day Friday. High fever, chills, and crazy body aches. I’ve never hard a bad reaction to a vaccine before so this really caught me by surprise. Anyone else have a hard vaccine experience?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Got my second dose of Pfizer on Thursday and was completely wrecked all day Friday. High fever, chills, and crazy body aches. I’ve never hard a bad reaction to a vaccine before so this really caught me by surprise. Anyone else have a hard vaccine experience?
Shingrix, first dose. No exaggeration, put me on my ass for 36 hrs. Full body aches, fever, night sweats, teeth- chattering chills. First dose of Moderna, absolutely nothing. Not even sore at the injection site.

Yaz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 29, 2018
Not unusual. Some people get just a headache or sore arm.

Reactions: khardbored

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

How long did side effect symptoms last?

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
I haven’t had my second yet, had nothing in the first. Know quite a few who had really bad reactions though. One older man had such a bad reaction after the second that he picked up the phone to call 911 but decided against it. His lasted a really short amount of time though, like 4 hours I want to say.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
My Moderna first was sore around injection on contact for a day, but that was it.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: mj4cy

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
1st Moderna had crazy sore arm, fatigue and headache for 24hrs, soreness lasted a couple days. 2nd dose Thursday and didn't look forward to it. Same intense arm soreness but nothing else. I took tylenol for a (likely) unrelated headache about 6 hrs in and IDK if that killed the reaction or what. I was sure after the 1st that 2nd would suck. Spouse has had his 1st, soreness only if he poked the injection site.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA

How many vaccines have you had in the last couple decades?

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Sounds par for the course. I had my 2nd Pfizer on Friday afternoon. Chills and a fever set in by midnight and lasted all day Saturday. It was annoying more than anything else, but Tylenol did the trick to break the fever and keep the aches at bay. Woke up today, Sunday, as good as new.

I had Influenza A the winter before, and I’d say it was identical symptoms, but about 50% less severe (and of course lasted only a day).

I felt absolutely nothing after the first dose. At least now I have my superpowers!

Keep in mind most vaccines will knock a person out for a day; it’s just a sign it’s working correctly. Most of us don’t recall that feeling simply because we had a majority of our vaccines before the age of 6.

Last edited:

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Shingrix, first dose. No exaggeration, put me on my ass for 36 hrs. Full body aches, fever, night sweats, teeth- chattering chills. First dose of Moderna, absolutely nothing. Not even sore at the injection site.
Only 24 hours for me. I felt like the day after a football game. Same thing for the second.

"Got my second dose of Pfizer on Thursday and was completely wrecked all day Friday. High fever, chills, and crazy body aches. I’ve never hard a bad reaction to a vaccine before so this really caught me by surprise. Anyone else have a hard vaccine experience?"

That means you had developed anti-bodies from the first inoculation and were attacking the second injection of vaccine. Congratulations,......science.

Status
Not open for further replies.