Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
BF post on Twitter: Please pray for newborn daniel rahe-son of megan ronhovde WBB and david rahe FB He is fighting for his life with true cyclone spirit

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Has anyone heard more details? As a mom of a baby who fought for her life in the NICU whens she was born, I would love to lend support in any way.

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Has anyone heard more details? As a mom of a baby who fought for her life in the NICU whens she was born, I would love to lend support in any way.

Agreed. My daughter was stuck in the NICU for 10 days after birth, she was good to go for the most part but still had to wait it out. I have a buddy that is friends with Dave Rahe, I'll see if I can find anything out.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Thanks for any info. We were stuck in the NICU for 6 weeks, part of it during the beginning of football season in the middle of Husker country. We made sure they knew we were Cyclones. :wink:

ISU3PtLand

Jan 31, 2007
Ames, Iowa
Daniel is doing better. Apparently he developed an infection following his birth (Sept. 4th) and the doctors have been battling to clear it up. Over the weekend it wasn't looking good, but he has made a lot progress. He is now feeding on his own and the doctors are optimistic that he will be able to be released in the next week or so.

Reactions: bawbie

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Great to hear that.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Me and the wife are trying for a little one... and I now understand what that means..... hope everything works out:smile:

BigDan

Apr 8, 2009
West Des Moines
Daniel is doing better. Apparently he developed an infection following his birth (Sept. 4th) and the doctors have been battling to clear it up. Over the weekend it wasn't looking good, but he has made a lot progress. He is now feeding on his own and the doctors are optimistic that he will be able to be released in the next week or so.

This is great news. Hopefully he will just get better and better

yCy

Apr 12, 2006

Thanks for the good news.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames

Thanks for the update. It is amazing how these little ones can fight and recover. We will keep the Rahe family in our thoughts and hope Baby Daniel can come home soon!

cyclonecraig

Dec 23, 2008
agency,iowa
Puts every thing else in proper prospective. Great news and thanks for update . Our son had blood infection and spent a week being treated as a new born . He is now a senior at ISU. Will keep Daniel in our thoughts and pryers.