B12 well represented on coaches' hot seat ...

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Lol is this a real thing?

I would love to see Nebraska have to fire Frost as much as anyone, but his seat is ice cold.

Les Miles? He's doing exactly what he was brought in to do. Yah I'm sure they'd like to be winning a few more games, but he's not going anywhere unless he retires again.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
The only one whose seat is truly hot is Herman.

Yeah, I dunno how you can say that Miles is on the hot seat in year 2 for a program that has been a coaching graveyard for a long time. As bad of shape that program is in you usually get 4-6 years at a school like that before you truly are on the hot seat. Unless OSU does a nosedive to finish the season I don't see Gundy in any danger, Patterson's seat may get warmer if they finish this year with a poor record but he's built enough equity to hang around longer. Wells is also just in year 2 at TT so his seat may get warmer but like you said Herman is probably the only one of that group that truly is feeling the heat on his seat right now.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Yeah, I dunno how you can say that Miles is on the hot seat in year 2 for a program that has been a coaching graveyard for a long time. As bad of shape that program is in you usually get 4-6 years at a school like that before you truly are on the hot seat. Unless OSU does a nosedive to finish the season I don't see Gundy in any danger, Patterson's seat may get warmer if they finish this year with a poor record but he's built enough equity to hang around longer. Wells is also just in year 2 at TT so his seat may get warmer but like you said Herman is probably the only one of that group that truly is feeling the heat on his seat right now.

TTU fans are not at all happy with Wells' in-game decisions. He is wearing out his welcome quickly. According to an article I read, here are just some of their complaints...

The "Sky Kick" that essentially cost them the Texas game.
Not pulling Bowman sooner vs us.
Not trying to score before the half down 21-7 to us with 1:28 and 2 timeouts.
Went for it on fourth and one in their season opener that almost cost them the game.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006

That hasn't been the case at KU recently, which is part of the issue. Beatty got 4. Before that Weiss had less than 3 and Gill had 2. Had an interim for a partial season after Weiss.

I agree Miles isn't on the hot seat, but I'm not sure if he is guaranteed 4-6 if he doesn't show some progress.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Helton has been on the hot seat since before he sat down. That fan base is just so irrational and he has eeked out just enough to stick around but this will likely be a deciding year.

Texas is almost identical yet with better circumstances and still ***** the bed each year. Their #1 criteria in their next coach should be “not a d-bag”.

Wells likely gets another year regardless.

Miles isn’t going anywhere.

Gundy is safe unless they collapse and fall to 3rd or worse in league play given how well positioned they are this year with both Texas and OU struggling.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE