AVAILABLE TRANSFER/De-COMMIT ALERT

LegendofRodA

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2011
Des Moines
I didn't really feel like this warranted it's own thread, but per twitter this guy just got released from Marquette and was previously offered by ISU

T.J. Taylor - Yahoo! Sports

Jeff Borzello@jeffborzello
T.J. Taylor, a JC transfer who arrived on campus earlier this month, has been granted his release from Marquette.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I didn't really feel like this warranted it's own thread, but per twitter this guy just got released from Marquette and was previously offered by ISU

T.J. Taylor, a JC transfer who arrived on campus earlier this month, has been granted his release from Marquette.

Did they suddenly realize that they didn't have enough scholarships?

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Did they suddenly realize that they didn't have enough scholarships?

Article doesn't say much other than leaving for personal reasons. Not supposed to make assumptions, but what do you make of it? Grades, concussion issues again, too many better players.......? The articles I've read on him sure made it sound like he always wanted to go back to Marquette once leaving Oklahoma. Now he leaves there even before he plays? Strange.

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA

We don't need anymore shooting guards.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Article doesn't say much other than leaving for personal reasons. Not supposed to make assumptions, but what do you make of it? Grades, concussion issues again, too many better players.......? The articles I've read on him sure made it sound like he always wanted to go back to Marquette once leaving Oklahoma. Now he leaves there even before he plays? Strange.

I don't know. I'm just assuming that they "politely" ran him off when they realized that a team isn't allowed an infinite number of scholarship players.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I don't know. I'm just assuming that they "politely" ran him off when they realized that a team isn't allowed an infinite number of scholarship players.

idk. I'm assuming they had "lesser players" they could have chose to run off than this guy. My guess is academics, but again that would be an assumption and unfair to the young man. Maybe summer classwork had to be done and it didn't work out like planned. But I will just treat this like all those Hawkeye departures......one never gets to know why anything happens over there. I don't think they live in as big a "fish-bowl" as some think.

Reactions: CycloneErik

Help Support Us

Become a patron