Austin Police : Texas linebacker Jack Ehlinger found dead off campus.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Terrible. Sam lost his dad when he was young as well.

Imagine going from this moment on Saturday to getting that news today. Heartbreaking.

Believe that's the brother in the Orange shirt:

• Sad
Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
So sad for the family and our Texas brethren. Horrible.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
The idea that there is a drug so strong they are cutting it with heroin is scary. You could literally use small amounts of fentanyl for chemical warfare.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The unpredictability of pills coupled with the invulnerability of youth scares the hell out of me. A kid in my daughter's high school died the same way a few months ago.

Pills are too easy for kids to get and the consequences of getting one laced with something deadly are all too real.

Main reason I stayed away from pills in college. There was plenty of weak weed to smoke in the early '70's and it was mostly as trustworthy as regular beer. Pills and tabs where you had no control of the intake, just nope even for dumbass 19-year-old me. And that wasn't even an era where pills might kill you, make you sick or give you a bad trip but not death. Drugs deaths back than were limited to peeps shooting up.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
The unpredictability of pills coupled with the invulnerability of youth scares the hell out of me. A kid in my daughter's high school died the same way a few months ago.

Pills are too easy for kids to get and the consequences of getting one laced with something deadly are all too real.

No one with any power is going to do anything about it. They've looked the other way at every step and have no desire to quit lining their pockets with Big Pharma money while throwing around political footballs related to topics that aren't all that important.

The War on Drugs should have been a war on Big Pharma but, you see, they happen to pay good money. It's basically a cartel at this point, at least as it relates to opioids.