8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Did anyone else's parking pass disappear off their tickets account? It didn't get refunded, buy that part of the invoice is gone. Receipt in email from February does show the pass on the invoice. Or, conversely, does anyone still see the parking pass on their account?

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I don’t understand the idea of delaying the start of the season. It would make sense to me to start as early as possible to give as many make up days as possible.

Not sure if you are aware of this, but there is a pandemic going on, and the US is the most impacted country in the world right now. The spread is completely out of control. Pandemics and lots of people in close proximity to one another don't mix well.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
I don’t understand the idea of delaying the start of the season. It would make sense to me to start as early as possible to give as many make up days as possible.

Seems like they want the NFL to start first and see what their protocols are then copy them if they are working.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Not sure if you are aware of this, but there is a pandemic going on, and the US is the most impacted country in the world right now. The spread is completely out of control. Pandemics and lots of people in close proximity to one another don't mix well.
Exactly why you want as many make up days as I said. I’m not exactly expecting any games but from a logistical standpoint having more makeup days makes sense.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I think part of the wanting to delay is make sure everyone is in shape to start playing and has enough practices in. What if ISU had to shut down for two weeks right now? No way they would be ready for a game Sept 5

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Exactly why you want as many make up days as I said. I’m not exactly expecting any games but from a logistical standpoint having more makeup days makes sense.

I agree. Plus, who is to say that later will be any better than right now with this pandemic? There likely won't be a vaccine available for either. I'm no expert, but based on past histories with other viruses like the flu in the Northern states, they tend to get worse the deeper you get into the winter as everyone congregates indoors, not better. Therefore, I too am disappointed they aren't starting sooner and think its a mistake.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I think part of the wanting to delay is make sure everyone is in shape to start playing and has enough practices in. What if ISU had to shut down for two weeks right now? No way they would be ready for a game Sept 5
What about by Sept 12th, since that is the first game?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

This plus I think the conferences want to see how things go once the students are all back on campus.

When you look at the problems MLB has had it's really hard to envision a college football season at this point.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
The pandemic will most likely be worse at the end of September than at the beginning.

tenor.gif

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Did anyone else's parking pass disappear off their tickets account? It didn't get refunded, buy that part of the invoice is gone. Receipt in email from February does show the pass on the invoice. Or, conversely, does anyone still see the parking pass on their account?

Just checked and parking is not on my invoice anymore either. The $50 fee is totally gone. The current Invoice does not match the confirmation emailed receipt I got on May 26th. Very interesting. We will see, but this is not a normal thing from past years.

Yes it disappeared and this is the message I received

When the Cyclone Club assigned your parking pass, XXXX, it removed the TBD parking pass that was on the original invoice when you renewed back in May. There is no way to update that invoice, but I can let you know that you have a parking pass on the account.

Last edited:

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA

Just checked and parking is not on my invoice anymore either. The $50 fee is totally gone. The current Invoice does not match the confirmation emailed receipt I got on May 26th. Very interesting. We will see, but this is not a normal thing from past years.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
The pandemic will most likely be worse at the end of September than at the beginning.

I agree only because it's closer to the election. Meaning the bickering from both sides will be worse as each day goes on.

Politics aside, we are at a better place as each day passes. More treatment, research and data options increase every day ex: we are no longer sending old folks back to nursing homes like we saw in New York this past March. There are also multiple phase 3 vaccine studies currently happening