August 28th, about 6:30 pm or so

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I cant freakin' wait! I love our announcer, dont know his name though. Im wondering what will change this year with the intro. Not a big band nerd, but I am when it comes to ISU football.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH8CT7uwO0Y"]YouTube - ISU Pregame[/ame]

KLoISU02

Jun 2, 2006
SE IA
Ahem. His name is John Burnett "Varsity" Larkins, and he announces the Ames Municipal Band, the Cyclones Volleyball games, and some public radio things. :) Happy Independence Day to all!

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Just FYI, that video is from 2004, so the pregame show is just slightly different now. (Not that anyone except band members would probably notice anyway.)

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Just FYI, that video is from 2004, so the pregame show is just slightly different now. (Not that anyone except band members would probably notice anyway.)

It's from before then actually. I'm pretty sure he says 2000 in the announcements. Plus there is only one sousa cyclone and I know there have been two since I was a freshman in '03.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
In the comments, someone mentions it's the Nebraska game from '00.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
Watched fireworks with some hawkeye homer who kept telling me the jailbirds are going to kick our butt this year. Exact same crap he said last year and we all know how that turned out...so I thought lets relive those last seconds in all their glory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obj....com/v/nR2jDGalTYc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nR2jDGalTYc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/url]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR2jDGalTYc"]YouTube - Iowa vs Iowa State2 9/15/07 part 2[/ame] BECAUSE I CANT FIGURE OUT THE YOUTUBE BUTTON please help

Video was created by another hawk fan...but its not a big game to them...I'm sure this guy didnt want to rub the reaction in peoples faces if the game turned out the other way.

Last edited:

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
It's from before then actually. I'm pretty sure he says 2000 in the announcements. Plus there is only one sousa cyclone and I know there have been two since I was a freshman in '03.

In the comments, someone mentions it's the Nebraska game from '00.
Gotcha, thanks. I figured it was older, but all I knew is that it was before my freshman year in 2003. The show is kinda unrefined. What's with the huge chunk of the student section being roped off? I've never seen a recruiting section that big or right in the middle before.

aeroclone08

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Wichita, KS
Gotcha, thanks. I figured it was older, but all I knew is that it was before my freshman year in 2003. The show is kinda unrefined. What's with the huge chunk of the student section being roped off? I've never seen a recruiting section that big or right in the middle before.

Looks about the size of a marching band...:wink:

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
YouTube - Iowa vs Iowa State2 9/15/07 part 2 BECAUSE I CANT FIGURE OUT THE YOUTUBE BUTTON please help

How to use the Youtube button:

When you hit it, it puts in the [ YOUTUBE] tags, right? Insert the part of the Youtube URL that's after the equals sign between the tabs. In this case, the part you need is:

nR2jDGalTYc

So all you need to do to embed video is (without the spaces, of course):

[ YOUTUBE]nR2jDGalTYc[ /YOUTUBE]

And that's all there is to it.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Looks about the size of a marching band...:wink:
Wow, I am not at all smart. Holy cow.

In my defense, when did they add the south endzone bleachers? Were they already there and the band just hadn't been shoved down there yet? I don't even like where we stand now; it'd be completely awesome to be in the middle of or next to the student section.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
The permanent south EZ seats were installed in 2002. Prior to that, it was a scaffold-style bleacher.

If memory serves, the band was in the student section from at least 1983 through 1996. Then, the scaffold seating from 97-99. Back to the student section (except 2 sections farther north) for 00-01. Then off to the new south end zone from 02-05 (?), shifting over to the end at some point to free up center seating for paying customers. Then, most recently, off to the portable north end zone setup for 06-present.

That doesn't include some games from 01-05 (like Iowa and Nebraska) where the band was moved out of seating altogether and down onto the track so they could put more paying butts in seats.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron