Audi Crooks question

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Bill wants someone to run the floor, she can’t. He wants 5-0 or 4-1 offense. She isn’t athletic enough for the 4-1 and can’t shoot outside for 5-0.

Reason she didn’t get the entry pass was she wouldn’t move. When they threw it over she was under the basket and/or lost it. Daughter would get physical and she doesn’t like physical play without the ball. Frustrates her. Many of her points were the guards just throwing up a shot for her to rebound and put back.

BTW, daughters team is the other team that they had tight games with the last two years. Only one was lopsided out of the four. Newell used our D in the championship game on garrigan this year. It is pretty similar to Newell’s, just a little more post D then pure cross trapping of Newell’s.

I just don’t see the P5 there. If she got quicker, learned to go both ways, and chased loose rebounds she may have a shot. Right now I’d say she is more of a D1 of where Mandy Wise transferred to.
I guess the 4 in state schools don't agree with you.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
I don't know how much we are prioritizing her in the post-player recruiting, but I'm sure in the recruiting conversations, how she's going to be used and developed has been frequently discussed. Just make sure the TOE doesn't get her.

P.S. Her recruiting profile

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
This kind of reminds me the Xavier Foster conversation when we didn't think he was coming here. Nitpicking effort in a low-level high school basketball game where she could, and often does, dominate when she wants to or needs to.

Much like Foster, you can nitpick all you want but at the end of the day she has unique physical tools that we could really use, and I trust the judgment of multiple people whose job it is to evaluate prospects over the "geez I saw her play one time she wasn't that good" guy.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
This kind of reminds me the Xavier Foster conversation when we didn't think he was coming here. Nitpicking effort in a low-level high school basketball game where she could, and often does, dominate when she wants to or needs to.

Much like Foster, you can nitpick all you want but at the end of the day she has unique physical tools that we could really use, and I trust the judgment of multiple people whose job it is to evaluate prospects over the "geez I saw her play one time she wasn't that good" guy.
Crooks has great footwork, control, technique low around the basketball. She can dominate there. Crooks also has better speed than you'd think. Few bigs or forwards have elite, or even average speed, to get to the other end of the court for defense. But that is not her forte, utilizing her skills and ability correctly, I see a lot of upside especially with the exquisite conditioning, nutrition, and physical (strength, stamina, muscle memory) program at Iowa State. Few HS kids come in full tilt ready to compete and she will need grooming.

Reactions: Cycsk

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Crooks has great footwork, control, technique low around the basketball. She can dominate there. Crooks also has better speed than you'd think. Few bigs or forwards have elite, or even average speed, to get to the other end of the court for defense. But that is not her forte, utilizing her skills and ability correctly, I see a lot of upside especially with the exquisite conditioning, nutrition, and physical (strength, stamina, muscle memory) program at Iowa State. Few HS kids come in full tilt ready to compete and she will need grooming.

Her footwork, hands and touch are really great. I know it's a small school, but they played WDM Valley this year and lost by 4. Looks like Crooks had 20 and 10 on 9/10 shooting. I don't know that Valley was anything great, but she can play. I only watched the title game, and certainly Newell Fonda bringing in line changes and playing 94' the whole game made it tough on her, but she was 9/11 and had 25 and 10. Her conditioning will improve in college and she will be a good prospect. She definitely needs the right style, but that could be said about most bigs.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Audi Crooks is currently playing at the North Tartan Meltdown AAU Tournament in Minnesaplis hosted by Jr. All Star GBB. Here's a professional evaluation of her.

BTW, the ISU's 2024 top target Olivia Olson continues to draw rave reviews and she's getting closer to Paige Bueckers' level.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

undersized_post

Apr 18, 2021
I'm a huge Audi fan and would love to see her stay in state. As other have said, she has great hands and touch around the rim. This alone is worth giving her a shot in my opinion.

For what it's worth, she was not the weak link in the last two state championship games her team lost. Rather, her guards couldn't handle the ball well enough to get it to her more (credit to Newell Fonda's crazy ass manic defense).

To the poster claiming your 5'4'' daughter shut her down just by fronting her...yeah OK, I'd like to see some tape on that. You also claimed BF can't possibly be interested in her because she "can't shoot" and isn't athletic enough among other reasons...yeah OK, then explain why he offered her?? SMH :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Hayes30

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Bill wants someone to run the floor, she can’t. He wants 5-0 or 4-1 offense. She isn’t athletic enough for the 4-1 and can’t shoot outside for 5-0.

Reason she didn’t get the entry pass was she wouldn’t move. When they threw it over she was under the basket and/or lost it. Daughter would get physical and she doesn’t like physical play without the ball. Frustrates her. Many of her points were the guards just throwing up a shot for her to rebound and put back.

BTW, daughters team is the other team that they had tight games with the last two years. Only one was lopsided out of the four. Newell used our D in the championship game on garrigan this year. It is pretty similar to Newell’s, just a little more post D then pure cross trapping of Newell’s.

I just don’t see the P5 there. If she got quicker, learned to go both ways, and chased loose rebounds she may have a shot. Right now I’d say she is more of a D1 of where Mandy Wise transferred to.

Think of her as Courtney Paris, a big body the Twister Sisters have needed for decades who can't be pushed around under the basket. If she can pass out of all those double teams she's sure to get, just think of the opportunities that would presemt for all those 3-point shooters we have on the floor.

Reactions: VeloClone and NWICY

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021

R.I.P. Jimmy

Last edited:

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin

R.I.P. Jimmy
I have a question about our response here.

Is it beyond our interests to come together and as such offer condolences? Maybe send a donation (not uncommon for deaths) to the family. Does this sound appropriate (as well as "NCAA" legal)?

We could sign our names or go as a unified body "CF WBB Forum." And too I would love to send best wishes to WBB players (Former only?) when they achieve certain recognition(s).

For instance, seeing Emily Durr move into a D-1 staff is outstanding. Telling her we have followed her career and hope for all the best in her future endeavors-would that be a little out of our aegis?

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I have a question about our response here.

Is it beyond our interests to come together and as such offer condolences? Maybe send a donation (not uncommon for deaths) to the family. Does this sound appropriate (as well as "NCAA" legal)?

We could sign our names or go as a unified body "CF WBB Forum." And too I would love to send best wishes to WBB players (Former only?) when they achieve certain recognition(s).

For instance, seeing Emily Durr move into a D-1 staff is outstanding. Telling her we have followed her career and hope for all the best in her future endeavors-would that be a little out of our aegis?

would think sending something to Crooks from a Cyclone group could be problematic. Others not at all..

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
would think sending something to Crooks from a Cyclone group could be problematic. Others not at all..
Agreed, card or message with sympathies probably fine, again probably I am not an expert in the violations field.

Thanks for the info 4cy, daughter is an acquaintance/friend of hers and I will pass this info along to her. I know she is connected to her social media stuff.

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021

• Friendly
Reactions: StClone