Auburn vs Alabama

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
I really think whoever wins the SEC championship goes in over OSU. Auburn will really catch OSU in the BCS rankings this week, and they will get a higher ranked team, if Missouri wins against A&M tonight, in the championship game than OSU will with MSU.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I really think whoever wins the SEC championship goes in over OSU. Auburn will really catch OSU in the BCS rankings this week, and they will get a higher ranked team, if Missouri wins against A&M tonight, in the championship game than OSU will with MSU.

There is ZERO way a 1 loss SEC team gets in the NCG if a Big 10 and ACC team are undefeated. WILL NOT HAPPEN.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Voters are gonna put an SEC team in the NCG no matter what.

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
Voters are gonna put an SEC team in the NCG no matter what.

I do agree and would prefer to see FSU/AUB over FSU/OSU. Hell, might as well put in NIU or Fresno State if you are going to put in OSU, similar level of competition.

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
I'd still be really happy for Okie state if they were somehow able to bring home the NC. They are a crazy longshot, but not completely crazy. After TOSS off u goes down, I'll be rooting for complete anarchy. tOSU is even more sleazy than FSU, and is completely unworthy of the NC, and I really think that the SEC is over-rated this year. Too bad FSU is the ACC rep in the NC fight cause I can respect that conference as a whole.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
With the way the rankings are now (Ala, FSU, OSU, Aub)...I don't see how you can justify putting a 1 loss team in over an undefeated team. I'd have to think the new rankings will at least be something like: 1-FSU, 2-OSU, 3-Aub, 4-Ala.

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
There is ZERO way a 1 loss SEC team gets in the NCG if a Big 10 and ACC team are undefeated. WILL NOT HAPPEN.

I see your argument for FSU, but I'm not so sure with tOSU. I really thing they are the best of some good teams, but not elite. The BIG is solid in the middle, but weak on the top and bottom IMO. But it makes for a lot of good to very good teams.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
OSU's one point win over a bad Michigan team will not help them. Neither will Wisky losing to Penn State today. Wisky was considered a good win for them, but not so much anymore.

Auburn lost at LSU, and that's it. Plus they've had a lot more good wins than OSU has. OSU is not very good. I have no idea how that horrible Michigan team put that many points on OSU. FSU would destroy OSU.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
I see your argument for FSU, but I'm not so sure with tOSU. I really thing they are the best of some good teams, but not elite. The BIG is solid in the middle, but weak on the top and bottom IMO. But it makes for a lot of good to very good teams.

Hell, OSU might jump FSU. The ACC is weaker than the BIG this year, and OSU is now 24-0. If they win their conference championship game, they are in the NCG.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA

Strength of schedule should trump that 1 loss. When you play a cupcake schedule week in and week out you have to take the tougher schedule IMO.

Ohio States:
Opponents Combined Record - 65-78
Ranked Teams (When Game was Played) - 2

Missouri
Opponents Combined Record - 75-65
Ranked Teams (When Game was Played) - 5

Auburn
Opponents Combined Record - 76-65
Ranked Teams (When Game was Played) - 5

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
I would rather see a NC without an SEC team, but I would rather see an SEC school get in over a B1G team because of the schedule strength. If OSU gets in, Urban Meyer is a wizard and might be able to pull it out. i.e. Utah over Alabama in their bowl game a couple years back.

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
I would rather see a NC without an SEC team, but I would rather see an SEC school get in over a B1G team because of the schedule strength. If OSU gets in, Urban Meyer is a wizard and might be able to pull it out. i.e. Utah over Alabama in their bowl game a couple years back.

That wasn't Urban.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I didn't see the Auburn-Alabama game because I was watching the Clones. Why did Alabama try a 57 yd FG with one second left?

Couldn't you just have your QB run around for one second and then take a knee? Auburn wouldn't get an offensive play since no time would be left, right?

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
I didn't see the Auburn-Alabama game because I was watching the Clones. Why did Alabama try a 57 yd FG with one second left?

Truth be told, it was a bad call by Saban considering all of their field goal miscues in the game.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Because Saban wanted to set the whole thing on fire before bolting for Texas?

Last play at LSU was Iowa's catch in the Cap One Bowl before leaving to the Dolphins...

Just sayin....

Yeah, I think you're correct in that he's probably headed to Texas. I don't think that's why he kicked the FG though.