Atomic Bomb Please Game

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The season will be considered a success if Iowa wins their bowl game. We went 7-5 against a legit Top 5 schedule and won 3 out of 4 trophy games.

The offense was inconsistent at best and needs to produce better next year.

Iowa will have a better team next year than they did this year and a softer schedule as well.

Lol top 5 schedule

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneVet

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
The season will be considered a success if Iowa wins their bowl game. We went 7-5 against a legit Top 5 schedule and won 3 out of 4 trophy games.

Iowa will have a better team next year than they did this year and a softer schedule as well.
I would agree with what you say, they've had a good but not great year. But that's not what I hear from the guys I work with who are all Hawk fans. This is an honest summary of 5 guys conversation in the office earlier this week.

1. Company president refused to even listen to game yesterday because they would probably lose. Totally disgusted with the program. And he was on cloud 9 after OSU.
2. "We have the talent, that we should absolutely be undefeated. It's the coaches holding them back" - this is an actual quote, I am not paraphrasing. I challenged "undefeated", and he would not walk back from it.
3. Our play calling is so terrible. If we weren't so completely predictable we would score tons of points. Coaches are terrible, it's time to make a change.
4. We're clearly a top 10 team, because we crushed Ohio St and almost beat Penn St. But then we play down to our competition all the time. The coaches just don't motivate the players at all.
5. We have a young QB, our OL has been beat up. We're just inconsistent, like most teams are. They need to get better but it's OK. If you change out Kirk, you may get better but you may get worse.

So if I had to sum up the happiness rate among those guys on scale from 1 to 5-- probably about a 2. If they had lost to OSU, I think it would be a full on 1. If they win a bowl game, it will creep up to a 3, and people will have optimism about 2018.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Hopefully Nebby gets its coaching needs figured out. A game like yesterday's, the nation expects something better than another 40-pt rout when it tunes in... two national power programs, steeped in winning tradition, producing so many of the B1G's elite players over the decades and representing the heartland and farmers of America. I'm pulling for them.
Thats why the ended the series of these 2 playing the final game of the season

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Lol. Legit top 5 schedule. Is this what you guys feel when you play two ranked teams?

clonefan841

Oct 30, 2017
Lol. Legit top 5 schedule. Is this what you guys feel when you play two ranked teams?
To be fair, they played 5 ranked teams. Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan State, Northwestern, and Wisconsin. I know Northwestern wasn't ranked at the time but a loss to Duke will do that. Pretty sure the other 4 were ranked when they played them though.

Also find it interesting that if someone told you they'd go 1-4 against them, no one would ever say the win would be Ohio State lol

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I would agree with what you say, they've had a good but not great year. But that's not what I hear from the guys I work with who are all Hawk fans. This is an honest summary of 5 guys conversation in the office earlier this week.

1. Company president refused to even listen to game yesterday because they would probably lose. Totally disgusted with the program. And he was on cloud 9 after OSU.
2. "We have the talent, that we should absolutely be undefeated. It's the coaches holding them back" - this is an actual quote, I am not paraphrasing. I challenged "undefeated", and he would not walk back from it.
3. Our play calling is so terrible. If we weren't so completely predictable we would score tons of points. Coaches are terrible, it's time to make a change.
4. We're clearly a top 10 team, because we crushed Ohio St and almost beat Penn St. But then we play down to our competition all the time. The coaches just don't motivate the players at all.
5. We have a young QB, our OL has been beat up. We're just inconsistent, like most teams are. They need to get better but it's OK. If you change out Kirk, you may get better but you may get worse.

So if I had to sum up the happiness rate among those guys on scale from 1 to 5-- probably about a 2. If they had lost to OSU, I think it would be a full on 1. If they win a bowl game, it will creep up to a 3, and people will have optimism about 2018.

Translation...the guys you work with are idiots.

hawxrox09

Sep 2, 2010